Monday, April 11, 2011

Family...It's About TIME

It's true, you know.  Family really is about time.  And it's about time we spent some time with the Downs family!  We've been able to see them every once in a while in Utah, but we're all usually there for some kind of event.  This means that it's a quick trip, and a busy few days.  That doesn't leave a lot of time to just enjoy being together. That's what made this spring break trip special.

It was so fun for me to see my nieces and nephews play with my kids.  I remember when each of them was the age of my kids, and I shared a room with a couple of them during the times that I lived with Jeff and Jami.  For the longest time, I didn't know that I would be able to love my own children as much as I loved Megan, Rose, Tali, Ace, and Lily (Bowen hadn't shown up yet).  But then I had my own, and it turns out I do love my own more.  But only by a bit! ;)


Lily and Claire were basically inseparable.  Danny and I were so grateful that Lily let Claire go everywhere and do everything with her!  And Lily is such a wonderful example for Claire to follow.  What a good girl she is!


These two are only six weeks apart in age, but worlds apart in interest!  The only time they really played together was when the iPads were involved.  Bowen just has too much energy for Claire.


The older girls (Megan, Rose, and Tali) were so good at taking care of my littler ones.  It was so wonderful to have their help!  And I think it's only fair.  I spent a lot of time taking care of them as babies!  :)  Though I don't have a picture of it, Ace was particularly fond of Johnny, and would get on the floor and play with him for a quite a while.  Which I found impressive for a 10 year-old boy!


Have I mentioned how awesome these kids are?  Pure.  Awesomeness.


And while they may be separated more in age than Claire and Bowen, Sophie and Bowen had MUCH more fun together!  They were two whirling dervishes!  I'm not exactly sure what a dervish is, but that's what they were. :)


Claire had her first ever sleepover with Lily, and she was so excited!  And surprisingly enough, she slept great.  Lily read "Cinderella" as a bedtime story, to help them get extra psyched for Disneyland the next day.


Ah.  Quality cousin time.


Lily Mae is just too cute.  Seriously.  Too cute for her own good. :)


A nice day at home demands wonderful baked goods, don't you think?  We gave Jami a copy of OBB's cookbook, so we tried as many recipes from there as possible while they were here, just to get them hooked.  Everyone was an instant fan of the Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies.  How could you not be?


And, of course, the Wii.  Always a good time!

Monday was really our only down day, except Sunday which was Ace's birthday.  It was so nice to just get the chance to visit and hang out together.  And it was a good thing we had a day to relax and gear up for the middle of the week.  Disneyland, here we come!  

No comments: