Wednesday, April 27, 2011

8 Months


Johnny is now 8 months...going on 18!  He's just growing up so fast and changing so much, I'm sure we'll be at 18 before either of us know it.  

I think we've seen more of Johnny's personality this last month.  He's started to show just how opinionated he can be about things!  Most of the time, he's still just my chill, happy baby boy.  But every once in a while, he can get pretty frustrated with things when they don't happen the way he thinks they should!  For instance, this little guy LOVES to be outside.  He particularly like to play with Jack.  So, if I happen to open the back door to, say, throw out a dirty diaper, Johnny will crawl just as fast as he can to try to get outside.  If I shut that door before he can get out of it, he just comes undone!  Admittedly, it's kind of cute. :)  He also doesn't like for the family to split up at all.  While we were doing the grocery shopping last week, Danny and I decided to divide and conquer.  I kept Johnny with me in my cart, and Danny took the girls to different aisles to get different items on our list.  Whenever the would walk away, Johnny would just yell (not really screaming, just yelling) until they came back.  

Lately, Johnny has really started to talk a lot.  He absolutely loves his reflection (can you blame him?), and will talk to his "window friend" for quite a while.  He has also gotten used to sleeping in his own room, and is back to sleeping a dependable 8-10 hours again.  I'm loving that!  It's cute to hear him talking to himself through the baby monitor in the morning.  Johnny can get really frustrated at dinner time, though.  He is just dying to eat what we eat!  But, he makes due with his baby/toddler finger foods.  And, like I said, he loves to look outside.  Sometimes, I'll just sit him in his bouncer at the back door and let him look.  Or he loves to look out the bay window in the front room.  I think he particularly likes to watch the birds, which are in abundance this time of year.



So many of our friends have commented lately about how cute Johnny is.  I have gotten quite a few comments along the lines of "He's the cutest baby boy I've ever seen!", or "I could just gobble him up!".  Granted, I know he's cute.  But there's something else about him.  Some sort of understanding in his eyes when you interact with him that just makes your heart gush.  


Let's see what else is going on in "Johnny World" at 8 months:

*Still in size 3 diapers
*Wears a size 4 shoe
*Wears 12 month clothes (except his new church suit, which is an 18 month!)
*Crawls on his hands and knees, and can go from sitting to crawling and back to sitting again
*Pulls himself up on the furniture and walks along it
*Likes to turn the laundry basket over and use it as a walker to cruise around the carpet
*Loves eating finger food in his high chair
*Has four teeth now (two up top and two on bottom)
*Loves playing in the girls' room with the girls 
*His favorite game with Daddy is "Toss The Pizza"
*Enjoys taking a bath in the big tub with his sisters
*Makes an awful wet mess when he's in the tub from all that splashing


We just love your happy, inquisitive spirit John!  We're lucky to have you in our family.  Love you!

No comments: