Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Easter is such a wonderful day.  I've always had fond memories of Easter, but it's meaning more and more to me.  Especially since Rachel died, and for obvious reason.  For the weeks leading up to Easter, I was surprised by how much joy I was feeling.  I kept thinking about how awesome it was that Christ broke the bands of death for us.  That I knew that Rachel would get her body back, just like all of us, and that there would come a time that we would be able to associate with one another just like we did here on earth, only perfected.  Since I had been feeling so happy, it took me by surprise how emotional I felt once I woke up Easter morning.  

I walked around for the first part of the morning with a rather painful lump in my throat.  I just missed my sister, and couldn't stop thinking about her.  Danny had some hymns playing as the kids were getting bathed, like he does every Sunday morning, and I just broke down as I listened to "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today".  That was a musical number at Rachel's funeral services, and one of her favorite hymns.  And once I started crying, I couldn't stop.  I cried for about an hour, and then I was okay.  I realized that even though Christ broke the bands of death, it doesn't make the separation easy.  It does, however, make it temporary.

But it wasn't all tears!  We didn't do a hunt on Sunday morning.  We try to keep that part on Saturday so that we can keep the kids more focused on the Resurrection on Sunday.  But we did do Easter baskets with them once they got up.  They were so excited!


So excited that not a single one of them would smile for the camera! :)


For each kid's first Easter, they get to don the bunny ears!  Johnny made a stinkin' cute Easter Bunny...



The girls got right into their baskets, no problem.  But it took Johnny a few minutes.  Finally, I gave up on trying to get him to look through his basket and walked away.  Turns out, that's the trick!  Act disinterested yourself, and suddenly that thing is pretty cool!


Along with the bunny ears, the girls have gotten Easter socks in their baskets every year, and that continued this year.  For the girls, anyway.  I'll have to look harder for socks for Johnny next year.  Sorry, son!


Ahhh...cute Easter feet!

Oh, and you can't forget the Easter dresses!  I love Easter dresses!  Especially when they match. :)


This next picture is so true to their personalities.  Claire off in la-la-land, and Sophie is constantly in motion.  I love it!  I'm not even sure Sophie's feet are on the ground!



I'm so glad these two have each other.  They may be totally different, but they are only complete as a pair.

I had the shopping privilege of adding some ties to my Easter dress tradition, and I'm SO excited to keep doing that!  Johnny sported his spiffy new tie and new (size 18 month!) suit, and looked so sharp.  Too bad he was still running a fever and not feeling so hot.  The pictures didn't turn out like I hoped, but oh well. :)


Danny and Johnny in their matching ties.  I'm going to have to give this another try next Sunday and see if I can get a better picture of my two favorite guys.


We enjoyed church, and Claire even gave her first scripture in Primary!  She was a little nervous this time around, but still did very well.  After church it was dinner time.  And anybody who's anybody knows how excited I get about a holiday dinner! :)  On the menu this year was Pineapple-Ginger Flank Steak with Caramelized Green Beans and Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice.  Once again, it was all OBB, and once again, it was all FANTASTIC!


We enjoyed our dinner immensely.  This was our first holiday together as just our little family, and Danny and I loved it.  It's hard to believe that it was just five years ago that Danny asked me to marry him.  Five short years, and now we have all of this!



We are so grateful for the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  We recognize that all we enjoy in this life, and all we can enjoy in the next, is made possibly by Him.  We love Him, and try to do our best to serve and follow Him.

Happy Easter!

No comments: