Monday, April 18, 2011

Girl's Week! Oh, and Johnny... :)

After our crazy fun week with Jeff and Jami and their kids, we had a week to get ready for our next fun visitors.  Grandma Call, Aunt Julie, and Aunt Katie were coming to visit!  Yay!  We were sad that Papa Call had to stay home this time, and we were sad that Danny had to be in Tucson that whole week, too!  But that meant it was just us girls, with Johnny being the man of the house.  We were a little excited about that.  :)  

Grandma and the aunties got here on Monday evening, and it was so nice to see them!  We enjoyed visiting for the evening, and Julie and Katie were stoked to be out of the car.  Can't say I blame them!  We were all pretty tired, so we went to bed early.  

True to form, Grandma was up before me, playing with Claire and Sophie.  My kids are so lucky to have such a fun Grandma!  But once Johnny got up, it was time for Grandma to enjoy her littlest grandson.


While Johnny and Grandma were playing, Aunt Katie and Aunt Julie helped the girls set up a Princess Party.  Claire was beside herself with joy!  First on the list was decorations...


And then somehow everyone got distracted playing Play-Doh.  Still fun!



Play-Doh wasn't the only distraction.  Sophie made the mistake of showing Aunt Katie how to play "Cut The Rope" on the iPod, and we lost Katie for the rest of the trip!  Just kidding!  Mostly... :)


The weather was pretty nice while they were here.  It was certainly better than it was in Utah, which was really all they cared about!  We let everyone play outside for awhile, and then decided to head into town for a bit.


Well, we let almost everyone play outside...


Much to John's dismay, he was stuck inside.  Jack did his best to make him feel better.  :)

We went to the mall to do some shopping and get Sophie's hair cut (to be covered in a forthcoming post).  And then, just since we were out, we enjoyed dinner at Rubio's and dessert at Berry Star.  Yum!  The next day, Wednesday, was a pretty low-key day spent playing together.  Grandma was scrambling to finish up some blankets for Baby Andi, but she took a break to build a giraffe with the girls.  Cool, huh?! :)


Then Grandma and the aunties headed to San Pedro for that night and next day.  There was a new grandbaby that everyone was just dying to get a hold of! :)  The kids and I cleaned up and recuperated for the day.  And then my favorite day came...Friday!

Friday was the day Daddy got home!  :)  I went into LA (all my myself, I might add) and met Danny at the temple while Grandma watched the kids for us.  We enjoyed a session together and then made our way to San Pedro to see Robbie and Kris and meet Andrea.  She's pretty cute, with a head FULL of hair!  I'm a sucker for the hair...


The four of us decided on dinner at a restaurant in San Pedro called Raffaello's.  Danny found it using his "Yelp!" app, and it had received some good ratings.  Well, let me give you our rating.  It was absolutely amazing!!  Danny ordered a veal and chicken cannelloni, and I got some shrimp diablo dish.  I'm seriously salivating just thinking about it!  It was by far the coolest dining experience I've ever had, and we fully intend on dining there again!  Mmmmm....Raffaello's...

Danny and I really enjoyed our date together.  Thank you, Grandma!  It had been WAY too long.  :)  We made the long drive home, and the kids were so excited to see their Daddy!  I've never been so far away from John or separated for so long, so I was expecting an excited little boy when I got home.  I had an excited little boy, all right.  He was just excited to see his Daddy!


Johnny wouldn't let go of Danny's neck for a good 20 minutes once we got home.  Quite frankly, he couldn't have cared less if I was there or not! :)  As much as I was a little miffed that Danny was getting all the love, it made me happy to see how much Johnny had missed his Dad.  There really aren't words to express how much my children love their Daddy.  And I love that.

Unfortunately, the next morning came and Grandma, Aunt Julie, and Aunt Katie had to made the long trip back to Utah.  It was so fun to have them here!  We really miss the Fam.  But it will only be a short 6 weeks before we're there for our summer visit, and we can hardly wait!

No comments: