Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spa-Peggy and Meatballs


Even looking at this picture incites an alarming amount of salivation...

Our life in the Call house has been changed by a food blog.  That's right, a food blog.  Our Best Bites is our culinary best friend!  There are so many delicious recipes to try...

On Saturday, we decided to give Spaghetti and Meatballs a whirl.  I've never made my own spaghetti sauce before.  We've been Prego people as long as we've been married.  But no more!  This was spaghetti at a whole new level.  And the coolest part, is it makes two meals!  I have a salivation-fest just sitting in the freezer, awaiting it's time in the crockpot.

I also tried my hand at breadsticks.  I've never made bread of any sort, and I'm not that great at anything that is baked.  And honestly, yeast kind of scares me.  But these breadsticks turned out great!  Needless to say, we ate pretty good on Saturday night...  

It was so fun to spend an afternoon in the kitchen with Danny and the girls.  Claire did an amazing job shaping all the meatballs!  Cooking is definitely something we love, almost as much as eating!  And at our house, it's a family affair.


2 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Ooh! That does look DELICIOUS! I keep telling myself that one day I am going to enjoy cooking...well not today!

Naomi and Family said...

Oh, can I have some? Looks so good!!