Wednesday, November 24, 2010

From The Mouth of Babes

I love that Claire can talk, and that she's so articulate.  And it's been so fun to have her communicate what is going on in that overactive mind of hers!  Take the other day, for example.  I was changing Johnny's diaper, and Claire happened to be watching me.  Apparently, Danny had the anatomy talk with Claire soon after we brought Johnny home, which I hadn't known.  She's rarely around when I'm changing or bathing Johnny, so it hadn't really come up.  Here's how the conversation went:

Claire:  "Oh, look Mom!  Johnny has one of those things that Daddys have."
Mom:  "You're right.  Boys and Daddys have penises.  Girls don't."
Claire:  **thoughtfully**  "Yeah, girls don't have penises.  Only boys have penises.  Boys and really big dinosaurs."

And was I about to argue with her?  Maybe I would have, if I could have stopped laughing!


1 comment:

5moonbeams4us said...

That is great! Really big dinosaurs...thanks for the laugh Claire!