Thursday, July 29, 2010

Week 38


Ok, so I'm going to be more positive if it kills me!  :)  Week 38 has had it's "ups" and "downs", but the "downs" are obvious and can be summed up in a few short phrases: little to no sleep, drastically limited mobility, roller coaster emotions (Danny still attests that has nothing to do with pregnancy)...basically, I'm still pregnant!  BUT...the "ups" are much more interesting to write, and I'm sure read, about.

First of all, Johnny and I are still looking good!  All my exercises have been profitable, and I managed to get the little stinker facing the right direction.  Yay!  At my last appointment as well as the appointment I had this morning, I measured at 40.5, and he is a good size yet not humongous!  Good to know, considering he's blazing a new trail here...

We had our birth preparation meeting (or dare I say party!) on Saturday, and it was a wonderful success!  We had lots of yummy food, which is a must for any gathering I'm a part of!  Turkey wraps, fruit, fruit dip, and Cowboy Caviar adorned the island in our kitchen, and midwives chattered about this birth and that.  I absolutely LOVED the midwives that Ali has chosen to assist in my birth, and am excited for when we all get together again.  We spent so much time laughing, and it was so great to feel the excitement that they had for me and my baby.  I was literally on a high for the rest of the day.  Danny, the girls, and I went out that day and got a little more of the shopping done, and needless to say we were exhausted at the end of the day.  But it was such a good day!

During my appointment today, we talked about the newborn screenings and some of the things that are routinely done to a newborn, such as eye antibiotic and vitamin K administration.  I'm learning so much!  We have a lot of decisions to make still, but I love that I'm making all these informed decisions.  I know I haven't gotten to the birth yet, but I have loved this experience so far.  I can't imagine what would ever make me use an OB again!

I know I was hoping for not too many more entries, but I imagine we've got another 2 or 3 ahead of us...so until then... :)

1 comment:

Naomi and Family said...

You're looking good! I think you're awesome! I am so excited for you and truly, this is what birth should be. Something to be celebrated!! Congratulations! I am truly so excited for you and I will help you in whatever way I can!