Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 36


36 Weeks...36 weeks...you would think that I would be happy about that, but it still seems too far away from when this baby is likely to be born!  That's right folks.  I've hit the wall already.  I'm so done being pregnant, with who knows how much longer to go.

On a brighter note, how cute is this?




The girls wanted to take a picture of their "baby Johnny" too!  I think Claire is getting pretty excited to meet her little brother, and I know that Sophie is starting to feel a change.  Though I can't say she's happy about it.  She has gotten incredibly clingy...always wanted to be with me.  But not just next to me.  She's got to be held, or sit on my lap.  You know, all the things that aren't so possible in my current condition.  :)  But I'm confident she will just love it when her baby brother gets here!

So, at this point it's a little pointless to go over Johnny's supposed stats.  He's just getting bigger now, and there's no telling how big he actually is.  He's still pretty active, and I'm hopeful that with all the "cat-cows" that Ali wanted me to do, as well as me being more conscientious about how I move, that he's in a better position.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself to deal with the pain!  The pubic pain, though not as acute as it was last week, is still ever present.  On top of that, I feel like Johnny has started to drop, and that has added to the pressure downstairs. :)  There are even times, when he's moving around, that I feel so much pressure I just hold my breath and wait for my water to break!  It's a new sensation for me.  Like I said, I'm hopeful that means he's dropped and started to engage.  But who knows?  I guess we'll find out next Saturday!

We're still working on all the preparations for the birth, and we're making progress.  While I was in Utah, I ordered my birth kit and the AquaDoula.  Ali brought my birth kit with her when she came last week, and I'm excited to go through it and inventory everything.  We bought the needed receiving blankets, and I washed them all last night.  I can't believe how small they are!  We still have quite a bit of shopping to do, which we plan on getting finished before next Saturday when we have our birth planning meeting with Ali and everyone else that will be present for the birth.  And we've got an appointment with Beth for next Tuesday evening to go over some labor techniques and get some practical tools to use.  

All that having been said, I know intellectually that we're getting pretty close to Johnny's inevitable arrival.  But I'm having the hardest time keeping a good attitude!  It seems like it was this way with Sophie too...the whole last 3-4 weeks of her pregnancy I basically spent in tears!  I haven't done as much crying, but I spent too much time feeling despondent and sorry for myself.  I'm doing my best to push on true, and to keep smiling. :) But even Danny came home from mutual last night and said "I don't mean this to sound the wrong way, but even I'm getting tired of people coming up to me and saying how huge you are!"  Seriously!  

I'm trying to recognize that all too soon, Johnny will be here and I will no longer feel him kicking inside of me. And really, pretty soon my child-bearing years will be behind me.  I shall try my best to enjoy it while I can! :)

No comments: