Friday, August 6, 2010

Week 39


We're getting down to it now, right?  Ugh, we better be!  I just don't know how much farther out I can expand!  Seriously, I'm even starting to impress myself. :)

There's not much to report for this last week.  My appointment with Ali was pretty uneventful.  I'm measuring between 42.5 and 43 centimeters, which is the most I've ever measured!  Ali doesn't seem to be worried about Johnny's size, so neither am I.  Not much I can do about it anyway!  She did say the exact same phrase that Dr. Gamette used the week before Sophie was born..."That's a good-sized baby in there, though I wouldn't say overly big."  Sophie was 9 lb 12 oz and 21.5 inches.  My question is what qualifies as overly big?  We're still taking wagers on his size for any that are interested... :)

I'm feeling as well as can be expected, and much better than I did when I was this pregnant with Sophie.  I've decided it's because I've retained significantly less water than I did last time.  Here's a picture at about the same time with Sophie...


I think you can see it most in my face, but I know my ankles and feet are a much more normal size.  I'm hoping that is why I feel more comfortable and not because I still have weeks to go!  I suppose that will just have to remain to be seen...

It pains me to say it, but until next week...the big 4-0!

3 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

My guess is 8lbs. 13oz. Do I get something if I win? :) I think you look smaller than you did with Sophie, that's why I am guessing a smaller by a pound baby. Wouldn't that be just rad!? I do hope I win! I saw your update today that you are not feeling too hot today. I believe that's a good sign! We'll see, good news is, the baby will come out, it just has to. The Lord is too merciful to make you raise Johnny in your belly! :) Love ya! And remember, the code is in and now you are to simply OPEN THE IRIS!! Haha! (Hope I spelled that right!) I think I did...... :) Keep on smilin'!

C, J, T, and M said...

Wow...I've never made it past 38 weeks and I was never that positive... geez. Good luck girl. I'm anxious to hear good news!

Justin and Toshi said...

I am so excited for you! You are down to the very END! HOORAY! Sadly I have a few more MONTHS to go...my guess is Johnny will be 9 lbs. 15 oz. and 22 inches long (he has to be BIGGER than his sister, not that I wish it on you, but you know what I mean!). You are looking GREAT by the way - I am glad you have your pic of Sophie to compare it to, but you REALLY can see it in your face and I am sure your feet. Keep up the good work - can't wait for the phone call of Johnny's arrival (I do get a phone call...right?)!