Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 30


Be honest.  Does this look like a picture of a pregnant woman that still has 10-12 weeks to go?  Yeah, I don't think so either!  And yet it is, and I do.  I'm starting to really understand why people stare at me in public!

Well, I'm about 3/4's of the way through this pregnancy!  Time has really been moving at quite a nice pace, but I fear that may stop here pretty soon.  It's getting difficult to do just about everything now, from sleeping to bending over.  This belly is just constantly in the way!  And in the last couple of days, it's gotten quite a bit warmer here in the high desert of Southern California, and I'm feeling it!  I just can't seem to cool down, and it makes me very lethargic and impatient.  I've started to see my first signs of real swelling in my feet, which is not only totally unattractive but kind of uncomfortable, too!  I think I'm woefully unprepared for when it actually gets hot...

On a good note, I'm feeling less anxious about the birth itself!  There is already a part of me that realizes that I don't care what I have to go through, I'll just be glad to not be pregnant anymore!  I've kind of taken a step back from all the reading and birth videos, and have given myself a chance to just let what I've already studied kind of percolate through my various levels of consciousness. :)  It seems to have helped.  

According to my trusty weekly email, Johnny should be measuring in at 3 lbs and 15-16 inches long.  He's still very active, which is always a comfort to me.  Danny even got to play a game of hide-and-seek with him the other night!  Painful for me, but still cute!  

I've spent a lot of time this last week feeling like I'm experiencing some of these more uncomfortable third trimester symptoms a little early.  But to be honest, I have no way to tell since I didn't keep a record of any kind with Sophie or Claire!  I think I'm really going to enjoy and appreciate having kept a record of this pregnancy during the subsequent ones.  

I'm looking forward to my appointment next week with Ali!  I finished my VBAC homework and everything!  I love hearing Johnny's heartbeat and the reassurance that both he and I are healthy.  More on that next week...

1 comment:

Andrew and Sharon said...

You're into the 30's! Almost there! We need to catch up this week - it's been a few days!