Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Fun So Far...

Has it really already been over a week?  The time seems to be just flying by, which is good...we miss Danny!  The girls and I have had so much fun since we've been here!  The girls have been able to go to school with Grandma, and have done such a good job learning and making new friends.  And I have LOVED having the opportunity to shower without fear of what I would find when I got out.  :)  Last Wednesday we had a special treat.  We got to spend a couple hours with Justin, Toshi, and Taija!  They live all the way in Florida now, so we hardly get to see them.  It was a wonderful coincidence that we were in Utah at the same time.  Sophie and Taija are only two days apart, so will naturally grow up to be best friends, just like their daddies!



While Toshi and I caught up, the girls played and got reacquainted with one another.  I think Sophie got pretty comfortable with Taija, and quickly began devouring (by the fist-full) ALL of Taija's snacks!  Taija took it in stride, though.  It's nice to know their friendship can survive that kind of conflict!  After the snacks were gone, it was time to hit the water.  Taija kept saying "Beach!".  She was only slightly disappointed to discover she was getting her swimming suit on for the wading pool on the deck...


We're fortunate to have such wonderful friends.  We're just bummed they live so far away!  

Thursday brought an adventure of a different sort.  My oldest niece Megan has been here in Utah spending a week with Grandma Candy, and the two of them invited the girls and I to join them for some shopping at The Gateway and some Jazz in the Plaza.  I thought it sounded like so much fun that I turned around and invited my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law, Julie and Katie.  They had never shopped The Gateway, and hadn't heard live jazz either.  From what they tell me, that had a good time!

One of the fun things about The Gateway are the dancing waters.  I thought for sure my girls would love to play there, and so dressed them in swimming suits and brought a change of clothes, expecting some soaking wet little girls.  Not so much...this is as close as Claire got.


Sophie did a little better...


They did have a great time away from the scary (yet wonderfully refreshing) water, and their aunts had fun playing with them as well.

Aunt Katie and Sophie



After our time at the Plaza, I took Julie, Katie, and Grandma to one of my favorite stores--Anthropologie.  It was so much fun to watch Julie and Katie peruse through such expensive and eclectic clothes and decor.  Grandma found a fun gardening book that she decided to buy, but the rest of what we saw was a little out of our price range.  But still so cool...

Aside from the aforementioned activities, we've spent some much needed quiet time at home.  On Friday, we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa Call's house.  We even had Baby Ruby with us!  We all went to the craft store to find some fabric for the crib quilt I wanted to make for Johnny.  It was so much fun shopping for little boy things!  Grandma had a blast picking out fabric and helping me design the perfect crib quilt.  I can't tell you how glad I am that her and my sisters-in-law will be around to help me pull this off!  I also picked up a kit to sew one of the car seat covers that I've been wanting, and if I can manage to sew it even half decently, I will have gotten a pretty good deal on it.  But that remains to be seen...

We've also enjoyed a decent amount of down time, just watching cable TV shows that I've been missing (like every show on The Food Network and HGTV!), and the girls just love being at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I wonder if Ellie enjoys it as much... :)



1 comment:

Brittany McClure said...

How fun! It's so nice to spend time with family and get a mini vacations out of it :)