Friday, June 11, 2010

Uncle Nick Comes to Visit

We had a surprise visit from Uncle Nick this week!  Well, it was more impromptu than it was a surprise, per se, but fun nonetheless!  The girls absolutely LOVED having Uncle Nick here and all to themselves!


Nick got in early Thursday morning, after Danny drove at 2:00 in the morning to Victorville to pick him up!  Yeah, pretty awesome husband/Dad/brother-in-law, huh?  :)  Needless to say, we all slept in a bit (except Danny who had to be at work), and the girls were surprised and overjoyed when Uncle Nick came walking into the front room!  We spent the morning hanging out and talking before we left to meet Danny for lunch on base.  Of course, Danny gave the tour of the base, and we got some great views of the F-22 and even the new F-35!  Nick also got to go into one of the hangers and see a B-1 Bomber, though we didn't get as close as we have in the past.  After a quick run through the Burger King drive-thru, we dropped Danny back at his office and headed home.


We spent most of the afternoon much the same way as the morning.  Nick and I were so sleepy, we could barely stay awake.  The girls were also tired, but had a little micro-nap on the way back from lunch and so didn't think they should have to sleep again.  Nick and I enjoyed a little Stargate SG-1 reminiscing and even watched the pilot episode of a new SciFi show called "Sanctuary".  It was...interesting... :)

Nick was kind enough to come to Walmart with the girls and me to get what we needed for a delicious dinner of Smoked Turkey and Artichoke Paninis.  After dinner, we went and looked at the garden and Danny walked Nick around some of the property.  It was such a beautiful evening!




We ended the evening with some movie time.  But I have to admit, Danny and I were SO tired that we didn't make it through the movie!  Nick finished "The Blindside" without us, but still enjoyed the movie.  We woke this morning and took Nick to the metro station so he could catch the train back into Chino Hills to meet up with the rest of his friends.  They have some fun plans around LA this evening, and then a beach day tomorrow!  After that, it's back to BYU for finals...lucky Nick!

It was so fun to have my brother here!  We haven't had any time to spend together one-on-one since he got home from his mission, and I've forgotten how fun it can be to just chill with my only brother.  Love you, Nick!  (Disclaimer: the next picture isn't the best of me...but keep in mind both Nick and I were struggling to keep our eyes open at this point!)


3 comments:

The Reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Reynolds said...

I personally think the last picture is a good one of ALL of you! Your girls are SO big, I still remember holding them during sacrament meeting while I was pregnant and Mahala kicking them away. So cute, I'm very excited to see what your little boy will look like!

Justin and Toshi said...

I love visits from family! That's the best part about moving away is when people come visit you it's to visit YOU! Gotta love the attention! I am so excited we will be able to see each other in just over a week!