Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 20



Week 20!  The half way mark!  Though, that is kind of misleading.  Since I've decided on a vaginal birth with this baby, that means I'm going intervention free (since any intervention will increase my chance of another cesarean).  Without planning on being induced by a certain date, or scheduling surgery, I have no guarantees that by the 40 week mark I'll have my little boy here!  Quite the contrary, actually.  I went 5 days overdue with Claire, and my family has a track record of going at least a week (if not two) overdue!  So, while I'm celebrating the half-way milestone, I'm in no way diluted enough to think it actually means I'm half way done! :)

It's been another good week, with nary a nauseous stomach or head-splitting headache!  Things are starting to get a little more "pregnant".  What I mean is, I'm dealing more with the back aches and sciatica that some with this growing baby.  My growing belly is bumping into everything, and there is hardly enough room on my lap for Sophie anymore...something she is quite unhappy about.  I managed to get my yoga practice in once last week and even took a 45 minute walk...once.  :)  I'm getting there...  My weight did jump up a bit in the last few weeks, which I was getting discouraged about until I read that by week 20, a healthy pregnant woman should have gained about 10 pounds, and can anticipate gaining about a pound a week from here on out.  I checked my records, and by week 20 I was just over 9 pounds gained!  I'm still doing better than my last two pregnancies.  

It seems as though Johnny is about 10 1/2 ounces, and he's about 6 1/2 inches from head to rump and about 10 inches from head to heel (about the length of a banana).  Those stats are compliments of my weekly emails from babycenter.com.  ;)  I've been feeling Johnny kick and swim around almost constantly, day and night, during the past week.  I have to admit, I really do enjoy that feeling!  At least while he's the size of a banana.  Not so fun when we get to the watermelon stage...

Life around the Call house is business as usual.  The weather is still beautiful, albeit a bit windy.  Danny's been working long days to get the credit hours needed for our trip to Utah for Easter and Robbie's wedding.  We leave a week from tomorrow!  We're all excited, though I'm feeling a little trepidation about the actual drive.  But I always do, and it's always easier than I thought it was going to be.  I'm excited to meet with the OB in Utah while we're there, and hopefully we'll hear back from the insurance people about whether or not we can switch insurances early.  I'm anxious to make a final decision about delivery.

My best friend lost her younger brother at age 22 to suicide this week.  That has been a hard thing for me to digest, and it throws into light how much I miss Rachel.  And how surreal the whole thing still is.  But at the times when I can't seem to stop crying, I always remember how incredibly blessed I am.  My family is sealed for time and all eternity.  I have a Savior who suffered and died so that all the pain and suffering and hurt in this world would be okay.  I trusted that before I came to this earth, and I trust in Him still.  Life is a beautiful thing!  I can't wait to see eternity!

No comments: