Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 17




I'm starting to feel like I'm accomplishing something now!  I'm only 3 weeks away from the half way mark!  Yay!  This week has been easier than last week.  I haven't been nearly as nauseous, and I don't think I even threw up!  The headaches have been a bother, but even with those I'm starting to feel more like a person.  Though I'm not even going to hope that this means my sick days are behind me.  I'm managing my expectation now!

I feel like I'm looking more pregnant, which is actually nice.  My belly is looking more like a baby bump than an extra 10 pounds, so I feel cuter in my maternity clothes.  I'm also really satisfied with my weight gain thus far!  I've been weighing myself every week since about week 8 (when I got back from Utah), and since then I've only gained 3.8 pounds!  I'm really REALLY trying to keep my weight gain more manageable then I did when I gained 50-60 pounds with both Claire and Sophie!  If I want to have this baby naturally, I really can't afford to put on that much weight.  Who wants to anyway?  It helps that we live in the boondocks, and I can't just run down and pick up whatever craving happens to have me in its grip at the time...

I can't be sure, but I think I've felt Johnny move more in the last couple of days.  Still nothing really obvious, but I suppose it's still a little early.  I haven't found the right cross stitch pattern yet, so I have yet to start on that.  Soon though...perhaps by next week?

3 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

I am so glad things "seem" to be looking up! I put "seem" so you could knock on some wood:) I don't want to jinx yah!

oceanbaby&kickboxer said...

I'm so excited that you are naming your baby boy Johnny! I love that name! That was one of the names that I was thinking with one of my future boys but Ian crossed it out. What can I say..I'm a HUGE Johnny Cash fan! LOVE IT!

C, J, T, and M said...

Yeah for prego cuteness. You are one of the lucky girls who actually looks cute pregnant. I look terrible. my butt pops out and I look more prego in my thighs than my stomach. Totally disgusting. :) Glad you are feeling better...send some of that my way PLEASE! Happy birthday too--glad it was a good day! How can it not be when you get Famous Daves!!!