Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mama!





I celebrated my 27th birthday on Tuesday, March 2nd.  It was an absolutely wonderful day!  It started off by me NOT waking up nauseous!  So, I've got to say thank you to my little Johnny for taking it easy on me...what a good little boy!  Then I woke up to a clean house and notes from Danny, wishing me a happy birthday and telling me how much he loved me.  He's such a good husband!  Then my good friend Beth came over with a couple of her kiddos to entertain mine while she gave me the most heavenly neck massage!  See, I've been bothered by awful tension headaches that I haven't seemed to be able to shake.  Once she was done with her handy work, and I smelled of calming lavender oil, my headache was gone and I was feeling like a new woman.  Her homemade bread and chocolate chip cookies didn't hurt either!  Thanks, Beth!

I got an unexpected phone call in the morning from a kindergarten class taught by another friend of mine, Jackie.  At first, I couldn't figure out what group of kids in California would be calling and singing me "Happy Birthday"!  It was so sweet!  I of course heard from everyone else in my family through out the day, including my parents-in-law.  I also got a visit from my friend Rose, who came bearing loaves of delicious homemade cinnamon bread, and another friend Shelly who came with gifts of freshly made biscuits and a cute storybook for me and the girls.  I felt so loved!

Danny got home early and helped me get the girls ready for their outing that evening.  My friend Jackie, the kindergarten teacher, was celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday (a day the two of us share!) by making green eggs and ham for dinner and invited Claire and Sophie to join her and her awesome family!  This gave Danny and I the perfect opportunity to enjoy a meal on our own.  Mmmmm... Famous Dave's, here we come!  After a decadent dinner of various fatty meats slathered in saliva-inducing spicy barbecue sauces, we picked the girls up and headed home for cake and ice cream.



Everyone really enjoyed the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream cake that I picked out!  Claire particularly enjoyed the blowing out of the candles, which she practiced a few times on her own.  You can't be too prepared for turning 3!





I also received an awesome present from my Mom!  She totally surprised me with a subscription to both Family Fun and Food Network magazines!  I seriously can't wait until my first issues come later this month.  Thanks, Mom!



And my most awesome gift of all came from my wonderful husband!  He completely surprised me (which we have a hard time doing for each other!) with a new camera!  It's WAY better than the camera we've lovingly used for the last 4 years (I've had it for close to six now), and it's even BYU blue!  :)  Thank you, Sweetheart!  And thank you to everyone who made my day so wonderful.  I'm looking forward to a lot of wonderful experiences while I'm 27!


2 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

I am so glad you had a good day! You needed it!! You TOTALLY deserve it! Happy birthday girl!!

Justin and Toshi said...

So happy you had a WONDERFUL birthday! By the way I am still waiting for my phone call....