Thursday, August 11, 2016

Four Months


14 lbs 2 oz ~ 23rd percentile
25 1/2 inches ~ 67th percentile
Head circumference: 17 1/4 inches ~ 96th percentile

Four months old! This is something of a milestone in my mind. By the time all my babies are four months old, I've usually completely healed from my pregnancy and delivery, the babies' routines are established, and I start to feel on top of life again. It's also the age when I start to see the most personality from my little ones. Well, I don't feel completely healed, and I'm definitely not on top of life yet. But Joey has a very established routine, and he has more personality than one would think could fit in his little body!

Joseph's 4 month check-up went well...except for his weigh-in. In one month's time, he gained less than a pound! Argh!! I was so disappointed to see the numbers on the scale, but it was when we got in the room and the nurse told me he was in the 23rd percentile that I had to hold back tears. See, it was when Luke was 4 months old that he dropped into the 25th percentile, and we started worrying about him a bit. I know that nothing is wrong with Joey. And Dr. Stewart went to great lengths to reassure me that he was in no way worried about Joey. But we do need to get that weight up, so he recommended starting rice cereal mixed with formula a couple of times a day. We'll see how that goes. :) I also told Dr. Stewart that I was worried about the fact that Joey wasn't even close to rolling over yet (like Luke at four months), and he reassured me (again) that he wasn't worried. Joey's just a really chill kid...he'll roll when he's sufficiently motivated. His temperament is so much like Claire's!

Joey is just a happy kid. I have noticed, however, that he doesn't like to be alone. And he really hates it when he's in his bouncy seat on the floor when we're at the dinner table. He cries and cries until Danny or I pick him up and put him on our laps. He really just wants to be with the Fam! He has actually been a bit quieter this month, in that he doesn't talk and talk like he used to. But he will sure get to giggling when I tickle him! As he gets older, we see a lot of Luke in him...particularly how he smiles with his eyes. He still loves playing with Claire, Sophie, and Johnny, and always has big smiles for them in the morning. This boy is just such a joy!


Here's a look at what else Joey's been up to this month!

*Kicked up to size 2 diapers
*Wears 6 month clothes
*His eyes are still a grayish color, and have yet to turn brown
*Loves sucking and chewing on anything and everything!
*Especially loves those hands, but hasn't become a thumb-sucker...yet
*Loves his blankets, burp rags, and "Blankephant" :)
*Drools and drools
*Sleeps wonderfully at night, and takes a few solid naps during the day
*Grasps and reaches for toys
*"Poseph" or "The Poseph" is the preferred nickname for everyone but Daddy, who still calls him "Broseph"


Oh Joey, I just don't know how we can love you anymore than we already do! But I know we will. :) It breaks my heart that my last baby is growing up so fast, but I love getting to know you! You're already the sweetest, cutest, most handsome boy ever! Well, at least top three. :) Love you, Baby Boy!

No comments: