Saturday, April 19, 2014

An Epic Easter Egg Hunt!

We decided to do our big family Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.  That way Sunday could keep the spiritual focus it should have.  With so many of us, we decided to do our hunt at Nicholls Park...or the Castle Park as it is affectionately referred to by the children.  The weather was perfect, the park was empty...it was magical!  Each family contributed a dozen eggs per child, plus some, so there were plenty of eggs!  We sent the Dads ahead of the kids to do the hiding.  So as soon as the kids arrived, we did our best to corral their excitement until Jeff gave the signal.


Then it was pandemonium!!



















When I was just a kid, Jeff started something of a tradition.  The $20 Egg!  After the main hunt was through, everyone was gathered together and Jeff started telling everyone clues.  Danny and I weren't participating, so I wasn't paying much attention.  But I remembered watching Jeff place a particular egg in a particular place.  I listened to the clue and knew the place had to be where I saw Jeff place an egg.  In my defense, I thought it was another clue egg!  So I picked it up and gave it to Johnny, thinking he'd feel so special for finding the next clue egg.  Turns out, it was the $20 Egg!  Oops. :)  I kind of feel bad about that.  But Johnny felt like a million bucks!  Well, $20 may as well be a million in Johnny's book. :)




Since we had so many of the grandkids together, we had to get a picture!  Danny and I were really hoping Luke would have been discharged from the hospital in time to make it to the hunt, but it didn't happen.  Next year, right? :)  Here's 13 of 19 grandkids!


What a crazy bunch!


What an amazing night together as a family!  These times are rare when so many of us are together in one place.  We're so grateful that Jeff and Jami brought their family to join us.


It was so much fun that Johnny didn't make it five minutes in the car before he was fast asleep.  My kids play and play and play when they're with their cousins.  Literally until they drop.  I love it!


Best Epic Easter Egg Hunt ever!!!

No comments: