Monday, July 9, 2012

Very Important People From California

During the first part of June, we had a couple of very special visitors.  On Thursday the 7th, we enjoyed a wonderful visit with our dear friends the Davis Family!  My sweet friend Beth, who was one of my closest friends during our time in Lancaster, drove almost an hour out of her way with 4 of her kids, just to see us.  And I suspect to get her hands on our cute Luke!  :)  It was so nice to see them all again, and the kids took off and played like we hadn't been gone at all.  I didn't feel like we'd been gone six months either.  Beth and I were able to sit and visit just like we always did, without much catching up at all.  All thanks for Facebook, I'm sure. :)  Beth was also sweet enough to bring some gifts for Luke and I.  Luke got a rockin' pair of BYU socks from the BYU Bookstore and I got a fun book about motherhood.  A passion both Beth and I share.  Before we knew it, it had been a couple of hours and our visit had to come to an end.  I'm still kicking myself for not getting any pictures.  Thank you Beth, for coming all the way to Utah to visit us! 

The next day, we had our other close friends from Lancaster come and visit.  The Overs were in Logan visiting her family, and they also drove about an hour to come and spend the afternoon with us.  Claire and Sophie waited for weeks to see Lizzy!  Claire went around telling everyone that "a very important person from California was coming to visit".  It took Lizzy a few minutes to warm up to the girls again, and I think that was only because it was so overwhelming to be back together again.  Poor Lizzy has been left without any girlfriends since we left, and has missed our girls desperately.  But, a few minutes and a slice of pizza later, the girls were back at their old antics.


Even the boys played together.  When we moved, Johnny was still making Bryce cry whenever he could.  Little tormentor.  Now, he appreciated having another boy to play with!  Those two are too cute.  Seriously, the dimples almost put it right over the edge!


Before we knew it, four hours had passed.  Danny and I LOVED just sitting and visiting with Jon and Andrea, and again it seemed like we had never left.  Well, there was the matter that both of our families had expanded since we'd seen each other.  Mason joined their family just two months after we left, and he is as cute as ever!  And Andrea was anxious to meet Luke.  The two of us had so much fun holding each other's babies.

But alas, the time came to say goodbye...for now.  We had to snag a picture of the kids together (minus Mason and Luke) before they left.


These girls are such good friends.  Hopefully, they can stay that way for years to come.


It took Johnny a bit to realize that they were leaving.  Once he did, he wasn't okay with it at all!  So, he figured he'd make Bryce stay.


But when that failed, he went with the man hug.  :)


It was sad to see them go, but we're comforted in knowing that Andrea's family will always be in Logan, which isn't far away at all.  And we have our plans to be back in Cali next summer, and one of our stops will for sure be the Over's.  Seeing the Davis and Over families made us realize again how immensely blessed we were during our brief stay there in the Mojave Desert.  We truly made friends that have become family to us.  

2 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Oh my goodness...I miss your cute little family! So glad that we have less than a month before its our turn to catch up with the Call family. And don't you worry we will be there for more than just a few hours, the kids and I will now be in utah for 4 weeks!

The Over Family said...

Wow -- what a surprise! :) I'm so glad that you put those pictures on your blog because we didn't take any! I may have to steal those...if you don't mind. :) We REALLY miss you guys. Jon is looking into applying for jobs pretty soon. There are a number of compatible ones at Edwards, which he will most-likely be applying for first. Unfortunately, we seem to be pretty much stuck in our house for the time being!

I was looking at your other posts too and I'm glad that you guys are having so much fun living so close to family! Luke is so cute! He is another heart-breaker, just like his big brother! I just want to kiss his chubby little cheeks! Mason isn't as chubby as my other babies were and I miss the chunkiness! :)

Good luck finding a house in the (hopefully) near future! Buying a house is very stressful and extremely emotionally draining. It was for me, at least, and we only had Lizzie at the time we bought our house. I can hardly imagine how stressed you guys must be with 4 kids! Hang in there! We can hardly wait to hear where you guys end up buying a house. Good luck!

WE MISS YOU ALL! Can't wait to see you again!