Thursday, July 5, 2012

Luke's First Bath

After Claire's birthday festivities, and the older kids were down for the night, Luke got his first bath.  For his first bath at home, we were able to give him an actual bath instead of the typical sponge bath.  His umbilical cord fell off rather early, as did the little string left from his circumcision.  So, into the sink he went!  :)  As with the three older kids, Daddy did the washing...


Luke wasn't crazy about the idea at first.


But after a while, he calmed down and enjoyed the water.  A little bit.


Once he was all fresh and clean, I took over.  I got my baby boy all lotioned up and smelling good.  


Without too much distress from either of us, Luke was clean as could be.  We got him dressed in some jammies and then I just snuggled him and smelled his wonderfully clean head.  I LOVE the smell of a freshly bathed baby. 


Especially one as cute as Luke.

No comments: