Thursday, July 5, 2012

Memorial Day

As I mentioned, we took a break in the middle of Claire's birthday festivities to celebrate Memorial Day.  We went to visit Great Grandma Call and introduce her to Luke (covered in a forthcoming post), but mostly we took a break to go visit Rachel's Place.

We stopped at the store to pick up some flowers, but because it was so late in the day, all that were left were roses.  I was a little disappointed, but they ended up looking really nice with all the other flowers left for Rachel.  The kids were amazed by how beautiful the cemetery looked.  There were a gazillion flowers and pinwheels and other assorted things.  It really was an impressive sight to behold.  We reminded the kids that this was as reverent place, and that they were to walk and keep their hands to themselves.  I'm pleased to say they followed directions very nicely!

This was Luke's first visit to Rachel's Place.  But I know it wasn't the first time Rachel had seen Luke.  I like to think she gets to come for important things like births, so I think she had already met him.  But, there is something about visiting her place that makes it seem final. 


That is one stinkin' cute nephew, Aunt Rachel! :)


Things have been so crazy in our life since we moved here that I haven't had the chance to visit Rachel's Place much at all.  In a way, I'm kind of embarrassed that it took Memorial Day to get me there.  But on the other hand, I'm glad I could be here on Memorial Day to leave flowers and think about my littlest sister.  As the summer goes on, I miss her more and more.  I'm still so proud of her and the decisions she was making before she moved on.  I know she is doing the Lord's work on the other side of the veil, and that makes me proud of her still.  


We love you, Aunt Rachel!  Can't wait til we see you again!

No comments: