Sunday, June 17, 2012

Being Home With Luke

Claire, Sophie, and Johnny were so anxious for us to bring Baby Luke home.  I think they were kind of excited to have me home, too, but mostly it was all about Luke.  And really, I'm totally okay with that!  I love seeing how my kids are excited to meet their new sibling.  I always think they're going to be too young to care for long, and each time they prove me wrong.  Such sweet spirits, we have.


Claire and Sophie were especially excited to start being big sisters to Luke.  I'm fairly certain these two girls will make excellent mothers some day.  They are so nurturing by nature.  


Sophie has especially taken to Luke.  She was just a couple months older than Johnny is now when we brought Johnny home, and there was so much she couldn't do.  But not this time!  She makes sure that Luke always has what he needs to be happy.  Especially a story at bedtime. :)


There was one more person that was just as excited as his siblings to get Luke home.  And that was Great Grandma Lovell.  Great Grandma reminded me over and over again in the weeks before Luke's birth that it was her job to hold the baby. :)  And it's a job she does very well.  She loves to hold Luke and tell him stories about Great Grandpa and all sorts of things.  And Luke loves to listen.  These two already have a special relationship, and it's a special thing for Danny to see.



Even though Johnny doesn't have the attention span that his sisters have for caring for Luke, he definitely loves his little brother!  Of the few words Johnny says that anyone can understand, "Luke" is one of them!  He loves to give him kisses on his head and say "Ahhh...Luke!"  These two will be fast friends...just as soon as Luke does more than sleep. ;) 


We were home only a few shorts days before I glanced at Luke sleeping in his bouncer and realized that he had already changed.  We always forget how fast that happens.  


Days continued to pass, and Luke continued to grow up and I continued to heal.  Danny had the whole week off after we got home, and we all very much enjoyed the time together as a family.  A new family.  We all spent a lot of time holding Luke and getting to know him.


And I can say with certainty that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to!  Life definitely got busier with Luke around, but it also got more fun and fulfilling.  We love our little guy!

1 comment:

Justin and Toshi said...

LOVE your kids...they are so cute! I can't even imagine life with 4 - my 3 are keeping me busy as it is! So excited to see you guys in just over a month!