Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weeks 26 & 27


Yup...I'm doubling up on weeks. :)  It's just been crazy 'round here.

Things continue to go along pretty much the same.  I'm feeling increasingly more tired, and it's getting a little more difficult to get around with this big baby in front of me.  But all things considered, we're just trekking right along!  

I have another OB appointment coming up this week, which includes my glucose test.  I think I'll find the results interesting either way.  I am excited to see Luke again, though!  I love those ultrasounds.  I know he's getting bigger and stronger, and is still healthy.  He moves around constantly, and he's my first to actually cause me pain and discomfort with his movements.  But even when it hurts, it's always reassuring to feel him in there.

I'm still feeling so detached from this pregnancy!  There are moments of realization when it hits me...I'm pregnant...again!  And now I know well enough that we aren't just having another baby.  That baby will grow up to be a toddler and a kid that I'm expected to raise!  Most days, I feel terribly inept in that department.  As you can see from my inability to post on a weekly basis, my life is busier now than it has ever been before.  And I'd like to say my hours are filled with soccer practice, piano lessons, and Bunco parties with my friends. While I'm sure that time in life will come, right now my life is filled with laundry, dishes, cooking, and grocery shopping.  Not to mention baths, diapers, and wiping noses.  It seems like I've been doing these same tasks for just about five years now, but I remember having more free time  before.  I suppose there's just so much more of everything to get done!  I think I would worry more about not feeling connected to this baby if I didn't watch a friend of mine go through this same thing with her fourth pregnancy.  Her kids are spaced together much the same as ours, and she used to worry so much that she barely had time to remember that she was pregnant.  But it turns out, that had no bearing on how instantly she fell in love with her baby boy the minute he arrived.  So, I'm trying to take it all in stride.

At this rate, we just have a little over 12 weeks until my due date.  I know that will seem to stretch on forever, especially as we near the month of May.  But it also doesn't seem like very long at all!  We are really hoping to be settled into a house of our own before Luke arrives, but with only 12 weeks to go, I'm mentally prepping for that not to be the case.  Which will be fine, too.  My in-laws are definitely more than accommodating...bless their hearts.

By next week, I'll be looking at my third trimester.  We'll see how far into it we get before I get another post up! :)

2 comments:

Naomi and Family said...

You are amazing! I say that to you every week but it's because it is SO TRUE! You really are amazing! I love you Katie! You are truly are such a great example to me!

Justin and Toshi said...

YAY for the 3rd trimester! I hear you on the whole exhausted state...it seems like there is always something needing to be done, but so many that I never get to. And I only have 2 kids...whatever am I going to do with 3! You amaze me!