Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weeks 28 & 29


I'm realizing a trend here.  I have to apologize for being so behind with every one of these posts!  I have some major blogging to do about Claire's performance in "Beauty and the Beast", but after sorting through almost 1000 pictures, I'm kind of burned out on it.  I've had a birthday, and the kids had some wonderful fun outside that also needs to be blogged.  So...consider that a preview within an apology... :)

Well, I did have a doctor's appointment during Week 28 that went well.  I did my glucose test, and it's been almost two weeks and I haven't heard back, so I'm assuming that means I'm within normal range.  Which means I have no one to blame but myself for this ridiculous weight gain!  Sigh.  We got to see Luke again, which was good for my soul.  He still looks great, and is measuring in at about 2-2 1/2 pounds.  Which means I could easily pack NINE MORE POUNDS on this kid!  Nine!!  *Shutter*  He did give us a chuckle, though.  During my previous ultrasound, Luke wouldn't give us a clear shot of his face.  He likes to sleep with one arm over his face, just like his Daddy and a couple of his siblings.  His arm was in the exact same position this last time!  Silly boy.

With that, there's honestly not much else to report.  I'm still so very tired all the time, and I can easily say this pregnancy is taking the greatest physical toll yet.  Which again, is probably largely my fault.  But for the life of me, I can't seem to muster the energy or self-control to change it.  Excuses, excuses.  Does it count that I day dream about all the awesome exercising and eating I'll be doing once I've healed from the section?  Cause I'm going to have a lot of exercising to do!

The kids are so excited to get Luke here, and both Claire and Sophie are of the opinion that my tummy is big enough for Luke to come out now.  I was surprised to hear Dr. Davis tell me to schedule my next appointment for two weeks.  Apparently, we're close enough to be going every two weeks, and after that it'll be every week!  I suppose, whether it feels like it or not, we're getting closer.  Next week brings the big 3-0...only ten(ish) weeks to go! :)

1 comment:

Naomi and Family said...

Hey girl! You are doing great!! Don't you ever be hard on yourself! And no kidding, don't give your baby weight another worry! I think you know why....! This stuff really works, and weight, cravings, exercise.... It's all an afterthought for me now, can you imagine? This isn't about me, this is about you, and I know you are going to be alright!! You just don't worry, and try to enjoy every painful moment! :) You poor thing. I wish you were here and I could help you somehow, but I send you my love, thoughts, and prayers!