Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Some Explanation Is In Order

I am terribly behind in blogging!  Seriously, I haven't even blogged Sophie's birthday yet, and that was two weeks ago!  But I have a really good reason...

Call Baby #4 will arrive the end of May!

That's right, we've done it again! :)  And, as is normal for me, I've been feeling pretty icky the last couple of weeks.  So, I haven't had the energy or mental presence to get this blogging done.  But I don't want to get too far behind, so I'll find a way to get it done.

We're pretty excited to welcome our next child here.  I got pregnant a bit quicker than I had anticipated, and to be perfectly honest, I'm a little bit anxious about this one.  Only because I so clearly remember being pregnant with Johnny! :)  But I also try to keep in perspective that these first few months are especially difficult for me, and it's hard to be too excited when you're constantly nauseous.  

The girls are SO excited!  We told the kids on Sophie's birthday, after she was done opening her presents.  That night, as we were tucking the girls into bed, Claire said, "My favorite present was the best present of all...the new baby in Mommy's tummy!"  The girls have been so worried about me being sick, and have even talked to my tummy a couple of times and told the baby to quit making their Mommy sick.  It's pretty cute.  The girls have set their minds on a baby sister, but Danny and I don't have a preference.  We just want another beautiful, healthy baby!

As of today, I think I'm about 7 1/2 weeks along.  Once I hit about 12-13 weeks, I'll start my weekly posts to document this pregnancy.  Here's hoping I'm done being sick by that point. :)

3 comments:

The Short Family said...

Congrats on #4. I am excited to see another cute Call baby.

The Winkels said...

Yay! Congratulations to you! And I'm so sorry you are so ill--that is no fun at all. So excited for you!

Naomi and Family said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! It takes courage to keep trekking on with kids! You guys are amazing and awesome! Let me take your kids once and awhile would ya! :)