Monday, June 6, 2011

To My Claire, On Her Birthday...

I can't believe I'm writing another letter!  I clearly remember writing you a letter for your third birthday, and it certainly doesn't feel like a whole year ago.  But according to the calendar, and to you, it's been a year and now you're four!

I'm writing you this letter a week after your birthday.  We traveled to Utah on your actual birthday, and with all the wonderful things we've been up to, I haven't had the chance to write you your letter yet.  But I'm sitting here in the cabin, looking at the beautiful trees here at Island Park, and finally found a minute to write.  It's a perfect place to write to you, since this is where you literally began. ;)

Claire, to put it simply, you're amazing.  You're growing up to be such a beautiful girl, inside and out.  You amaze me every day with your love for life, your kindness, and your amazing intellect.  Your Dad and I marvel at your incredible memory.  You seem to remember everything!  I suppose that may be because you take the time to quietly observe everything around you.  You aren't quite as shy and reserved as you used to be.  In fact, you're getting quite brave now.  But you still seem to survey your situation before diving in.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for that!  I hope you always have that quality about you. 

You are such an amazing helper.  You're so patient with Sophie, who is always at your heels wanting to do what you're doing.  You take the time to get on the floor and play with Johnny, and you even let him knock down your awesome block towers.  You love to help me bake and cook dinner, and even want to help do the dishes!  You're getting so good at picking up after yourself, and even your siblings.  

You are such a smart little girl.  You know virtually all your sounds, and most of the letter names as well.  You remember all the stories you learn about in Primary, and you love learning new songs.  You also absolutely LOVE dancing.  You are patiently waiting for Mom and Dad to get you into a ballet class.  You already know how to do a pirouette, and practice all the time.  You live in dress-up clothes, and can become any princess or fairy or ballerina that you want to, and sometimes all three at once!  You have an excellent imagination.

I love your testimony, and you teach me things about the gospel every day.  Your Dad and I love to hear you pray.  You really do sound like you're talking to someone you know.  You tell Heavenly Father about your day, and the things that matter to you.  You love Primary, and ask all through the week if it's Sunday yet.  You would give a talk, prayer, or scripture every Sunday if you could!  You even went up to the front of the chapel and sang me a Mother's Day song with the rest of the Primary just a few weeks ago.  You weren't nervous one bit.  You knew every word.

Claire, please know how precious you are to me.  There has never been a doubt that you were sent to me first for a reason.  I'm not the greatest mother.  Thank you for coming to me first, so that I could learn.  You are such a forgiving spirit.  You are without guile, and will simply and matter-of-factly tell me when I'm doing something wrong or if I'm not being nice.  I literally couldn't make it through my day, much less back to my Heavenly Father, without you.  Thank you for being my little friend for these four wonderful years.  I look forward to an eternity more.  No matter how old you get, you will always be my beautiful baby girl.  I love you with all my heart, Claire Bear!  Happy Birthday!


Love,

Mom

2 comments:

5moonbeams4us said...

That is awesome! Way to make me bawl.

C, J, T, and M said...

Awwwww.... :) I especially liked the part about where she began. hehe. She is beautiful!