Thursday, June 16, 2011

#25-Actually Celebrate An Anniversary


Check.

I know.  It's a little early.  But we have to plan these things when we have babysitters!  Since we were going to be in Utah for a while, Danny and I decided it would be a good time to get away together for our 5 year anniversary.  

We started out by getting a couple's massage at Beyond Spa in Layton.  It. Was. Incredible!  This was Danny's first time getting a massage, and I didn't know how he'd react.  But he loved it!  How could you not, right?  We left our 50 minute massages feeling like a hundred bucks, and headed toward Salt Lake for lunch.  When we started planning this trip a month or so ago, we were trying to decide on a really nice place we could eat at.  But we've discovered that we love trying out local restaurants that are featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  So, for lunch we ate at Moochie's Meatballs and More.  This place is popular for their authentic Philly Cheesesteaks and Meatball Sandwiches.  I don't know how authentic the Philly Cheesesteak was, having never been to Phiily.  But I can tell you this much.  It was delicious!  And the Meatball Sandwich?  Holy cow.  Don't even get me started!  Danny and I not only loved lunch, but the fact that we didn't have to worry about the kids while we ate.  :)

After lunch we made our way toward our hotel in Park City.  We reserved a room at the Marriott Mountainside-a King Bed Suite, complete with kitchen, fireplace, and over-sized tub!  After checking into our room, we headed toward the outlet mall.  Danny and I had about 5 years worth of shopping to do, and the money to do it!  We shopped for over 4 hours, and got some awesome deals.  We have never had the chance to just shop for us, without the kids, and we felt like newlyweds again!  Only without me being morning sick.  That was nice.  :)  We ended up leaving with a serious amount of clothes, and 5 pairs of shoes between us!  We had a blast.

We grabbed a quick bite for dinner and headed back to the hotel for some hot-tubbing.  Then we stayed up WAY too late...watching Food Network, of course! ;)  That channel kills our sleep schedule...

The next morning came all too early.  But we missed our kiddos, and were ready to head back to Syracuse.  However, we needed some morning nourishment, and so hit our second DDD location...Ruth's Diner.  These guys are famous for their Mile High Biscuits and Gravy, which is what Danny ordered.  It was delicious, and I don't like biscuits...or gravy!  I got the special, which was some sort of open-faced chicken enchilada omelet, and it was scrumptious.  Rested, relaxed, and stuffed to the brim, we got back to our kids just after lunch time.

We're so grateful to Danny's parents and sisters who took care of our kids for us, so we could have some much needed time together.  This was only the second night since Claire was born that we've been away together, and we had forgotten how much we like to just be together!  I love this amazing man I married.  He's my best friend, and ridiculously good-looking to boot.  How lucky am I?

Happy Early Fifth Anniversary! :)

3 comments:

David and Camillia said...

I am glad you guys were able to go and enjoy yourselves for a few days. You guys deserve it. I love the outlet malls. :) Happy Early 5th Anniversary!!

The Short Family said...

Super jealous. Sounds way fun. Happy early anniversary.

Naomi and Family said...

I am so glad you were able to go and be together! What wonderful day (or two) :)!