Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There's No Doubt About It

Claire is growing up.

All of a sudden, I have this little girl around that likes to dress up and pretend she's a princess.  And she knows when she doesn't look exactly right, and it drives her crazy.  She gets a little birthday money, and what does she get?  Accessories.


Where my peaceful little baby once was, there's this little girl who is smarter than anyone can guess.  I leave the room and come back to some new creation.  Claire is really enjoying the challenge of making her blocks actually look like real things.  I was so proud of her kitty cat, and so was she!


I remember a phase when Claire would hardly let me do her hair.  Now, this little girl knows exactly how she wants her hair done, and she wants it done nice every day of the week!  She wanted her hair curly for church, and even let me use the hot rollers.



She's old enough to be an example to everyone around her.  On Sunday, she was the "Reverence Child" in Sacrament Meeting.  She did a wonderful job, and stood up in the front all by herself, keeping her arms folded and showing everyone what it meant to be reverent.


I miss my baby Claire sometimes.  But I love this little girl that she's growing up to be more and more each day.  

1 comment:

Justin and Toshi said...

She is too cute! Love the last pose! These kids are growing way TOO fast!