Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life with just our girls...

As anxious (and I mean ANXIOUS) as Danny and I are to have baby Johnny finally join our family, we do realize with some melancholy that time with just our girls is quickly coming to an end.  We've had these girls with us for quite a while, now!  It'll be the little things, like not buying everything in pink or Tinkerbell themed...even referring to our children as "the girls", that we realized we'll kind of miss.  

We remember when we brought Sophie home from the hospital.  It was so fun to have her home, and to watch how much Claire already loved her little sister.  But as we lay in bed that night, Danny and I both just cried and cried.  We knew our time with only our little Claire Bear was over!  I didn't know how to give the time and attention to Sophie that she needed as a newborn, and still give everything to Claire that she needed...and that I needed to give her.  I remember getting up from bed (which was quite the feat considering the massive incision still healing across my belly), and going into Claire's room to just be close to her and cry some more!  Danny put it best when he said the next morning "It is like our hearts had to break in order to be built a little bigger".  

I don't know exactly the reaction we'll have when Johnny gets here, but I know this much.  You do have enough love and room in your heart for that next child.  And you are given the strength you need to still love the children you already have!  And I learned to try to treasure the way things are before they change again.  Here is a look into our life before Johnny:

Claire and Sophie "going to the temple".

Sophie playing dress-up in my shirt and shoes.  That girls LOVES to dress -up!

A Daddy-Daughter dance.

Ah...story time with Daddy.  They won't all fit in one toddler bed for long!

Claire got into some pink craft paint.  She was very deliberate as she painted herself, and luckily ONLY got it on herself.

A tired Mama with her cute girls.  They've really wanted to cuddle with me more lately....

 We love our girls!  Thank you, Claire and Sophie, for giving us so many laughs and smiles, and teaching us patience and long-suffering!  I can already feel my heart breaking to be built bigger again, as we close this chapter of our family and prepare to start another.  We love you!

1 comment:

Naomi and Family said...

That's a sweet post! It's going to be amazing. I just know it! I think the Lord is merciful in how He knows what we need and you know, maybe your hearts needed this extra time as H.A.R.D. as it has been. I love you Katie and am so excited for you guys!

P.S. I miss seeing the baby floating in the babystrology thing. It was a little unnerving to see it empty. I just didn't see that coming....
You are amazing girl! And you have some awesome days ahead, I know it!!