Saturday, October 7, 2017

Historic Mormon Trail

As Luke's anniversary approached, Danny and I talked about how we wanted to spend the day. We couldn't decide. And then a couple of days before, while I was out shopping with Joseph I noticed the incredible fall colors on the mountain. And I had the strongest desire to go hiking on Luke's anniversary. I told Danny, thinking he would tell me I was being crazy...but he told me he had the same thought! So it was settled. We would spend Luke's anniversary hiking. :)

Danny decided on the Historic Mormon Trail in Emigration Canyon. Oh my goodness, it was breathtaking! It wasn't a very strenuous hike, but we were glad for that since we kept stopping to check out the foilage. :) The weather was absolutely gorgeous, we were all a little warm in our jackets. 


















There wasn't really a good place to stop for our lunch, so we just walked off the trail a bit and made ourselves at home. :) When we went to changed Joey, we realized he had totally soaked through his pants. Good thing it was so warm, and good thing he totally rocks the diaper and sneakers look. ;)



This hike wasn't a loop, so after lunch we turned around to head back to the car. But it was incredible how different everything looked on the way back! It was like an entirely different hike, and every bit as beautiful. And Danny, being the genius that he is, figured out how to use my AppleWatch as a remote camera to my phone and we were able to prop up my phone and get a full family pic! What would we do without this guy?!







When we made it back to the car, we had hiked 4.9 miles and thoroughly enjoyed every inch of it. The kids kept saying over and over that this was their most favorite hike yet. And we've done some incredible hikes! Danny took the scenic way home, and we had to stop for one more picture. I have never seen such a beautiful fall here in Utah!


I'm so glad that we were able to enjoy Luke's anniversary doing something our family loves to do. It was so peaceful, and we were able to talk about our memories of Luke and our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Our family is so grateful for our loving Heavenly Father, for all he has created for us to be happy. We miss Luke so much. Every. Single. Day. But we are also so happy for him, and we know he is doing a great work...and we're proud of him! And now we're one year closer to hearing about all his adventures and seeing that amazing smile again. :)

No comments: