Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2017 General Conference

I remember as a kid that I didn't particularly look forward to General Conference. Saturday always felt all weird, and Sunday seemed long. Now? Goodness, I can't wait for General Conference! I realize every six month just how much in need I am of spiritual nourishment and direction. And Danny and I feel like we've done a good job making Conference weekend something our kids look forward to as well.

But no one has been looking forward to this session of Conference quite as much as Sophie! Danny got tickets this time, and now that she's eight she knew it was going to be her first time to go! She was so excited to wear her baptism dress and go to the Conference Center. When it was Claire's first turn to go, Danny took a few of his Priests along as well. This time we took a few of our Laurels. 

We had tickets for the Sunday afternoon session, and it was a cold and rainy spring day. We got the the Conference Center early enough to be able to take a quick look around. Danny took us to the Hall of the Prophets, where there is a portrait of every apostle of this dispensation. Including Elder Perry, who we miss very much. We are so grateful for the comfort, peace, and counsel he gave to our little family. And of course for sealing Danny and I together forever. Especially for that. :)

It was wonderful to experience that session of Conference with our girls, and with our Laurels. Unfortunately, President Monson wasn't feeling well enough to attend that session. Sophie and I were both a little disappointed that she didn't get to see the prophet. But she felt the Spirit as President Eyring and President Uchtdorf came in. How grateful I am for such sweet, spiritually sensitive daughters. And how grateful I am for the organization of the church, for apostles and prophets, and for their service. 

Now we have new talks and direction to study for the next six months. That should tide me over until October. :)






No comments: