Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Nine Months

18 lbs 7 oz ~ 32nd percentile
28 1/2 inches ~ 56th percentile
Head circumference: 18 3/4 inches ~ 100th percentile

Another month already!! I'm becoming more and more aware that we only have a little more time with Joseph as our baby. The kids and I were lamenting a while ago about how big Joey was getting. I said, "only a few more months and we won't have a baby anymore.". Johnny replied, "Can't you just go get those rope things put back inside of you so we can have another baby?!" No, John...I can't get those "rope things" put back inside of me. :)

As you can see, Joey had another well-child check up this month. He didn't gain even as much as he did the month before...but he went up in the growth chart! That was good enough for me!! I was seriously worried about it. Especially because over the Christmas break we introduced him to cow's milk. I knew he wasn't getting enough milk from me, and I was starting to get concerned that he was even staying adequately hydrated...never mind adequately nourished. He seemed to take it just fine (with a little added chocolate, of course), and I kept him to one 5 oz bottle per day. Well, after about ten days, we started to notice some changes to his skin. Then one day, after his afternoon nap, he woke up with a biggest rash on his face! I knew right then we had to stop the milk, but I stressed not knowing what else we would do! Danny and I discussed it, and we decided to start trying formula. We started mixing it 50/50 with breastmilk and believe it or not, he took it better than even his nighttime breastmilk bottle! I think it was an answer to this mother's prayer. I don't love the idea of him switching to formula. But at this point, I have pumped and taken supplements and worried over my never-increasing milk supply for nine months! I think I've done enough, and I really think Joey will be better off. Dr. Stewart felt like he was looking great, and just wants me to stop in for another weight check in six weeks before Joey comes back in for his one year. His one year?! Ouch...it makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.

Joey has grown up SO MUCH during the last month! His milestones have exploded...he is officially mobile! And oh my is he mobile. I have forgotten what it was like to have a mobile baby. I have to be aware of him constantly, and I'm terrified I'm going to miss something and he's going to have a terrible accident.  I'm going to forget the baby gate, miss a battery on the floor, something! And what's worse is that I don't have all little kids who I am aware of constantly. I have older children that can forget the baby gate, miss a battery on the floor....something! It's a little more than nerve-racking at times. But I think we all get better about watching him every day.

Joey loves to walk around the main floor in Luke's old walker, and he tries to follow the kids everywhere. He loves playing cars with Johnny, and generally playing downstairs with anyone who will stay with him. He's become a huge handful at church in that he just never holds still! But oh my goodness is he a blast. He loves to wrestle and growl and suck on your face. He still greets every morning with smiles and laughs. We don't know what we'd do without this boy in our lives. He makes the world a brighter place.


Here's what Joey is up to at nine months:

*Still rocking the size 3 diapers
*Size 9-12 month, and even the occasional 12 month, clothes
*Crawls!
*Gets from laying down to sitting up and back down again
*Pulls himself up to his knees and even sometimes to his feet
*Had to lower the crib to keep him safe at night
*Still no teeth!
*Starting to wean :(
*Babbles and growls
*Gets into everything he can!!


Don't cry, Poseph! We'll love you even more next month! :)

No comments: