Monday, January 16, 2017

Decorating The Girls' Room

When Claire turned eight, I gave her some things for her "Claire Wall". And Grandma Candy gave her a beautiful piece of art for her baptism. Fast-forward 16 months and I did the same for Sophie's eight birthday...and so did Grandma Candy. Now that Sophie has been eight for more than three months, we finally got everything up on the wall! Although this time, it wasn't entirely my fault it took so long...

The girls have seriously struggled keeping their room clean. Their room has been a source of serious angst for me, and a constant point of contention between the girls and me. Finally I had the idea that if they cleaned their room, top to bottom and everything in between, we'd decorate their room. It finally worked! The girls and I worked together over the course of a couple of weekends, and got it done. I was also happy to use the "dollhouse" my Mom got me for my birthday in their room, and I think it fits just perfectly! 

We all love how it turned out, and the girls are confident it will help them keep their room clean. And I am definitely cautiously optimistic. :)





No comments: