Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mama's Birthday

Happy Birthday to me!  With this birthday, I turn 31.  How crazy is that?  But considering that I feel like I've aged 10 years in the past year, 31 isn't too shabby. :)

My birthday was a quiet one this year.  It was on a Sunday, so I was able to enjoy church as a family.  Even Luke came!  Though he didn't make it through Sacrament Meeting.  Poor little guy was in too much pain.  But I appreciated the effort. :)  We had a quiet afternoon at home, and then had the families over to our house for birthday cake and a little going-away party for Luke.  He was heading in the next morning to begin his relapse treatment. :(  But more on that later...and in Luke's blog...

The kids were so sweet to me all day, and Sophie even put a present together for me.  Such a sweetheart!


Danny did something super fun for my birthday this year, and managed to keep it a complete surprise!  Which wasn't easy...we're not very good surprise people. :)  And no, it wasn't just a sweet birthday card...


...it was a cooking class for us to do together!  I was so excited!  Thanks, Babe!



Lukey helped me pick out the cake, and he chose the red velvet cake from Costco.  I had no argument there!  



What a crazy 31st year I had, and I can only imagine what's ahead of me with my 32nd.  I have to say, I'm not finding this whole aging thing to be all that much fun.  But with my wonderful and handsome husband, and four amazing and beautiful children, I'm happy to keep going along on this ride!

No comments: