Thursday, December 6, 2012

Trick Or Treats!

With all our fun family activities leading up to Halloween, I was wondering if the actual day would be a let-down for the kids.  Not so much. :)  Both girls had a fun Halloween activity at school, so the day started out with getting dressed up!  Danny even stayed home from work during the morning to help get the kids dressed and be there for both of the girls' school activities.

The girls were most excited to finally get to wear make-up!


Danny dropped Claire off at school, and then headed to the preschool for Sophie's Halloween Program.  The kids sang their Halloween songs, and then did a little trick-or-treating.  Sophie sang her songs with gusto, but would anyone expect anything different? ;)  


And after class time, Claire had a Halloween parade to do!  All the kindergarten classes got together and did a costume parade.  Claire, as you can tell, was very confident in her Merida costume!  She rocks the wig. 


After school, we had a little bit of time to hang out before it was time to get ready for trick or treats!  I started a new tradition this year, or really continued my Mom's tradition, of chili and tortillas for dinner.  It was my first time making my Mom's chili, and I haven't tried tortillas in a while, but the dinner turned out awesome!  The kids ate great, and then we got them in their costumes.  I was unseasonably warm that evening, so luckily the kids didn't have to cover their cute costumes with coats.

Before taking the kids around our neighborhood, we decided to go show them off to the grands and great-grands.  Papa thought the kids were too cute!  How could he not?  Luke wore the same Tigger costume that each kid has worn for their first Halloween.  I can't believe that costume has been worn by four kids!  Best $12.00 I ever spent at Target. :)


Great Grandma Lovell loves it when the kids come to visit, and our girls really do miss their time with her.  How cool is it that they not only know their great grandma, but have a real relationship with her?


Johnny was being a two-year-old and not cooperating at all, so there's no picture of him.  But as you can see, Luke and Great Grandma had a little talk.  Grandma loves that boy, and the two of them have the cutest conversations.


And we couldn't leave Great Grandma Call out of the fun!  We swung by her house for a quick visit and a little trick-or-treating, too.  We love our Grandmas!


And finally, after all the waiting and practicing, it was time to go trick-or-treating!  Danny and I have never taken our kids trick-or-treating before.  In Cali, there wasn't really a neighborhood we felt comfortable with, so we stuck with the ward Trunk-or-Treat.  So we were excited not only to go trick-or-treating at all, but to have our awesome new neighborhood to do so in.  We decided to see if Ruby wanted to come with us, and she thought that was a great idea!  Lucy came too, but she mostly slept in her stroller.  I think she had the greatest time! :)



I can't believe how quickly Claire has grown up.  I remember each of her Halloweens, but I swear something happened since the last one, and she grew up into this girl that I hardly recognize!  I didn't get a picture of just Sophie, but that's because she was never standing still.  She was all over getting that candy!  Sophie has to be the most precocious girl I've ever known.  I love her to death.


Luke did so good, and just hung out in the Moby.  And Johnny, after a few houses, finally got the hang of the whole thing.  Interestingly enough, he didn't like the houses that had any Halloween decorations, creepy or not.  It made him kind of nervous!  That was okay with me...I love it when he holds my hand.


Seriously, how cute is he?!


Daddy thought so, too.  Danny loves doing this stuff with his kids!  Greatest.  Dad.  Ever.


We had the kids out for about an hour before we decided it was getting chilly and late, and headed home.  After all, it was a school night. :)  The kids got plenty of candy, in fact we still have plenty of it at home and it's been more than a month since Halloween!  I have to give a shout-out to Julie and Brian for coming and hanging out at our house and handing out candy so that Danny and I could both take our kids out.  This whole living next to family thing is pretty nice! :)

Happy Halloween! 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love all the pictures! Especially the one of Johnny coming back down the stairs! So cute!