Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weeks 30 & 31


Well, we're past the 10 week mark!  Yahoo!  At this point, even with being a week overdue, I won't have more than 10 weeks to go.  I'm pretty sure that will be manageable. :)

At 31 weeks, I couldn't be more ready to be done!  The reasons are two-fold, really.  The first, and biggest fold, is (of course) the fact that my body is just absolutely done.  Every activity is exhausting, my belly is constantly in the way, I'm not sleeping, yada, yada, yada.  But the second-fold is more fun.  I am really excited to meet my son!  I think a lot about what he'll look like.  If he'll look as much like Johnny as the ultrasound pictures indicate that he might.  I wonder what his temperament will be like, and even what his cry will sound like.  I of course wonder about how big he'll be, and whether or not I should bother washing the 0-3 months clothes at all.

Luke has gotten even more active the last couple of weeks, which reminds me how much room he still has to grow!  It seems as though he's discovered his acrobatic side, and has been practicing is somersaults day and night.  He's had more regular hiccups, too, which is just adorable.  I've got another appointment on Monday, and am excited to see him and hear how he's doing.  I expect he'll be big and fine. :)

In the last couple of weeks, Danny and I have purchased a crib, a car seat, and a swing.  I'm realizing it's time to get some of these things in order, which again reminds me that I won't be pregnant forever!  Time really is going by fairly quickly, so I shouldn't complain.  Before I know it, I won't be pregnant and will instead be recovering with a newborn...

2 comments:

The Short Family said...

You are so close! I am super excited for you guys.

Naomi and Family said...

Wow! Time really has flown! I am so happy for you, and pray these last few weeks are merciful to you! Love you girl!