Friday, September 22, 2017

Danny's 35th Birthday

For Danny's birthday this year, I asked him what he wanted to do. And he told me he wanted to run in some mud. :) He's still training for his Tough Mudder race at the end of October, and since we had a fair amount of rain he thought maybe he could run Adam's Canyon for practice. I couldn't very well argue with the man on his birthday! He made his way to the mountain right after work, and the weather was chilly and cloudy. Perfect for a fall hike/mud run! Danny made it up the mountain in 35 minutes! And said and done, he was up and down in 56 minutes. I was beyond impressed, and I think he even surprised himself. Not bad for a man in his mid-thirties! ;)



When he came home we commenced with our Family Pizza Movie Night, which was Danny's second request for his birthday. But not before presents!! The kids and I got Danny everything he still needed to be completely outfitted for the Tough Mudder...gators, gloves, and a compression shirt. Plus I threw in a donut cutter for good measure. :) Danny was very happy with his presents, and after his awesome hike he was feeling pretty excited about the race! For dinner he had his most favorite stuffed-crust Chicago Style pizza from Papa Murphy's, and we watched "Captain Underpants"...mostly to make Johnny happy. It was definitely a movie for boys, with all the requisite bathroom humor. But I suppose it was cute in it's own boyish way. :) 



After the movie, we put a very tired Poseph to bed and then I made Danny and the kids gourmet grasshopper milkshakes...complete with homemade chocolate sauce. They kind of turned out amazing!


We're so grateful for Danny, and love celebrating the day he was born and the whole world changed! Happy Birthday, Danny! We love you!!

No comments: