Friday, June 30, 2017

June iMoments


We all knew how excited Joey would be to get home to Maese after two long weeks. Well, maybe everyone except for Maese! 


As soon as we got home from our epic road trip, Danny switched Joey into a forward facing carseat. We figured he'd done his time in his infant car seat. :)


Joey was so glad to be home again, and to spend his morning cuddling with Mama...


...and taking selfies with Dad.


Claire has the family home evening lesson. Claire chose her own topic, and I didn't give any of it much thought. As I was going about my business, I happened upon Claire at the kitchen table with her scriptures and a notepad. My emotions caught in my throat as I saw her there. Parent payday, for sure.


Every kid falls asleep in the bouncer!


Sophie is such a big help to me. My "other-mother", she is always happy to do whatever it takes to take care of our baby.


When the bishopric is in charge of the food for a ward party, that means the bishop's wife and their four kids do the shopping. ;)


I'm sure we've gotten mail for the Damianos before, but we never paid it any attention. We sure got a crack out of finding this in the mail, though! They'd been out of this house for 14 years! I was sure to send a picture to Tiffany. :)


Well, Joey is a full-time walker now! I had to take a picture of him in the Superman jammies. I bought these pajamas for Luke, and they were one of my favorites. I was hesitant to put Joey in them, but one day it just felt right for Luke to hand them down. It was a strange set of conflicting emotions for me to see our sweet Joseph WALKING around in these jammies...reminding us so much of Luke with his bright spirit and his smile. But Luke never took a set while wearing these jammies. Joey is doing so much of what Luke was never able to. But whenever I start to feel sadness at that, I feel Luke close and I can feel that he is so proud of his baby brother and so happy for all that he will experience in mortality. 


Danny's cousin Britny was married and had an adult-only reception at Thanksgiving Point. Danny was one of the few cousins that were invited, and we were so happy to attend! The food was incredible, the weather was beautiful, and the company was fantastic. And no kids? So awesome.


We love spending out summer days at the pool with friends. We are so spoiled to have our own private pool!


Joey has decided he's definitely a fan of summertime treats. :)


We're all so glad when Daddy gets home!


Joey took his first spill off of Grandma Candy's curb and ended up with his first boo-boo. I asked him to show me his boo-boo and this is what I got! He's such a ham! And perfectly fine, by the way... :)


Joey has the most fabulous hair. But it was getting pretty long, so it was time to get another hair cut. I was trimming the sides when I stopped and just started laughing. He looks like one of the Three Stooges! This boy is too much cuteness!


#jealous


Johnny was so excited to teach Danny this new robot war game he got on his Kindle. I love watching these two foster their relationship as "guys".


The kids found the funnest game for Joey! And all it took was a fitted sheet, some vents, and the A/C on. :)


The garden is starting to produce, and Grandma Call asked us to pick some raspberries. Joey was so excited...he just loves the garden! And I love my little boys in hats!


His wide-saddle walk just kills me...


The best raspberries on earth are the sun-warmed ones you pick yourself. So good! Joey was eating them as fast as I could pick them.


We have an awesome neighbor who is quite an accomplished organic gardener. He is always bringing me surprises....but my favorite was when he showed up at my door with this gorgeous braid of garden-fresh garlic with a sprig of purple sage on it. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever decorated my kitchen with!

No comments: