Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a bigger deal than it's been in the past this year, on account of the fact that we had THREE Valentine's boxes to make! John knew from the get-go that he wanted a Minecraft box, and he was very specific about his design. I put my thinking cap on (Pinterest was only of minimal help, this time) and with a copious amount of printed pages from Google images and some modge podge, Johnny ended up with a pretty awesome box! Sophie wanted a panda box, and we were able to find a template (for a Cricut machine) and I used my superior cutting skills to cut it all out of felt! We even designed some ears that would stick up. We copied the template for Claire, only made hers a puppy. Both boxes turned out awesome and both girls were very happy! And I was one happy Mama that not only did they turn out good and my kids were happy, but that they were done! :)


Danny came home a little bit early to help with our big Valentine's dinner...mostly because he was integral to the process. He's the guy that makes the pasta! This year we made our chicken parmesan with fresh fettuccine...and it was incredible. I screwed up, however, and didn't buy enough jello to make the jiggles the kids so look forward to. Oops. Next year, guys! :) We invited Grandma Candy to join us again this year. We just love it when she shares Valentine's Day with us! 




After dinner, we exchanged Valentines. It was hard for the kids and I to come up with something for Danny since he's not eating sugar and really trying to watch the snacking...so we made him a big card. I made up the poem myself! :) The kids loved working on this for their Dad. They love him best of all.



Danny got the girls big bouquets of flowers this year, with a little box of chocolates. Johnny got his HUGE box of chocolates, and he was over the moon! And Joey got his first Valentine...a little puppy. Danny ordered my flowers and they were supposed to be delivered that day, but as of 8:00 that evening they were somewhere in Tennessee or something. They obviously didn't get to me on Valentine's Day, which was okay...but Danny was rather upset about it. 


We got Grandma some tulips and some chocolates, but her favorite part of the day was spending time with her little Valentines. :)


For dessert we tried a from-scratch pudding cake. It turned out really yummy! It wasn't my favorite of all desserts, but Danny and the kids loved it. And it did go very nicely with our dinner.


I'm so grateful for this amazing family of mine! We miss Luke every time we do these fun family holidays with all our traditions, but we know he's aware of us and doing what he needs to be doing. I love my husband, sweetheart, and best friend more than any words could describe. And I love him all the more because of these five babies he gave me. I have the opportunity in my life to give more love than I could have ever thought possible, and miraculously enough to receive more love than I thought I would ever receive...all because of all of these Valentines. I love them so!


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: