Saturday, June 11, 2016

Two Months

12 lbs 13 oz ~ 65th percentile
24 1/4 inches ~ 94th percentile
Head circumference: 16 inches ~ 90th percentile

Joey is two months old now!! He's growing up so fast. I have forgotten how much they change between one and two months! 

Let's see, what can I say about Joey? He's still an absolute joy of a baby. He's very laid back, and rarely fusses. He is sleeping even better at night, regularly sleeping from 10 pm to about 4 or 5 am before needing to eat. And he's getting better about cutting back his awake time from 2 hours to 1 hour or less. He's being good to his Mama. :) He's eating good, though honestly nothing has changed in that department in the last month...I'm just feeling better about things. His weight has increased, however slowly. But during the week we were on vacation, I nursed exclusively (meaning I didn't pump and give him more milk in a bottle after almost every feed). We were curious where his weight would be when we took him in for his appointment, and he had gained 5 oz in 10 days as opposed to the one ounce he had gained during the week previous. So I've decided to relax about the whole thing, and I think we're all happier for it. :)

Joey has starting smiling in the last couple of weeks, and it's the cutest thing! He likes to have conversations with me in the early morning hours after he's finished nursing on one side, and it's my favorite! He LOVES watching whatever Claire, Sophie, and Johnny are doing, and he always has big smiles for his Daddy. He's gotten a few nicknames already...Danny calls him "Broseph Joseph", and Johnny calls him "Joseph Woseph Poseph". He really is the star of the family, and I think he knows it. He still garners attention from friends and strangers alike for his luscious locks. I don't know when we'll give him a hair cut! First of all, those locks are luscious! Secondly, his hair is so different from Danny's, Johnny's, and Luke's! It's curly when wet, and he's got some serious cowlicks working for him, so I just don't have the confidence that the one hair cut I know how to do will work for him. I think I'll postpone his first hair cut for just as long as we can stand it.


Here's some more about our Joey at two months:

*Wears some 3-6 month clothes, but mostly 6 month clothes
*Wears size 1 diapers 
*Is still rocking those steel blue eyes!
*Is a binkie baby, despite his attempts to suck his thumb. I keep taking that away from him!
*Is so ticklish, but hasn't figured out how to laugh yet
*Has rolled over once, and loves to twist his body around
*Doesn't mind tummy time when we remember to do it
*Is a Mama's Boy, Daddy's Boy, and bestest little bro ever


We love you Joseph Woseph Poseph!! Stop growing up so fast!!

No comments: