Thursday, May 15, 2014

Preschool Program

I can't believe it, but another school year at Syracuse Montessori is coming to an end!  And what adds to the wonder is that this will end Sophie's preschool career!  After this, she's a kindergartner.  I can't believe it.

Papa stayed with Luke in the hospital, so both Danny and I were able to be there for this year's program.  I was a little worried about Johnny...last year he just stood there like a deer in headlights!  He refused to do anything.  Things didn't look promising at first...


...But when the songs got started, he loosened up a bit.  Wasn't a fan of the actions, but he mouthed most of the words. :)


And because it was Sophie's last year, she got to participate in the"Animal Song".  She was the peacock, and she worked hard to memorize her line.  She delivered it perfectly!  What a gorgeous girl she's grown up to be.


Both Sophie and Johnny did a wonderful job, and they were the stinkin' cutest kids on that stage!  We were so proud of them and so impressed with everything that they've learned through the year.  My favorite part is the video at the end full of pictures of the kids and super sappy music.  Makes me cry every time. :)

Getting our kids into Grandma's preschool was a huge part of us making the decision to leave California and a job that Danny loved to come back home to Utah.  We are so grateful for the experience our children have there, not only with their Grandma but with the other wonderful teachers there.  Mrs. Rowley and Mrs. Moss are deeply loved by our children, and I appreciate and love these women for taking such good care of my babies while I've been with Luke.  Even Aunt Katie got to spend time in the classroom this year as part of her senior year, and her and the kids enjoyed their time together as well.


Next year, it'll just be Johnny at the school.  He's going to miss having Sophie there, but I know he's in good hands!  Literally. :)

No comments: