Friday, January 31, 2014

iJanuary

There are so many moments that we capture with our iPhones.  It's so fun to look back and see these daily memories.  When you put them all together, along with the big memories that all have their own posts, I can really see our life in its entirety.  And I love it!  Even though nothing major happened in January besides Luke's radiation and the family influenza outbreak of 2014, there were a lot of fun moments in the month!

The kids started out the new year with some fun at Grandma and Papa's house.  There's nothing like the giant fort. :)


The best part of Luke's 10 days of radiation was the certificate saying he was done!  Way to go, Luke!


Claire is such an artist.  She is constantly at the kid's art table making one creation or another.  But I think her Daddy was most proud of this one. :)  


Even with the radiation, Luke was just doing so awesome.  He was growing up before our eyes!  He loved the horse that Santa gave him, and loved the independence that it afforded him.  


We spent a lot of time home as a family during January, and it was wonderful.  We found different ways to past the time together, though I think that the girls' beauty salon was one of my favorites. :)


Having a baby that was sick for so long, you really appreciate all the little things.  Like an 18 month-old sitting on the floor with his fruit snacks and bottle, watching his favorite cartoon.  Priceless.


And then the influenza hit.  I haven't been so sick in as long as I can remember!  It's not a flattering picture at all, but this sums up about 10 days out of January.  Not pretty, people.  Not pretty.


The oils really did save us.  They took care of Danny's nasty cough in 24 hours, and Luke's as well.  They helped to relieve the awful pain in my neck and back, and I really do think they helped us get over it quicker.  Thank goodness for doTerra!


And we ended the month on a high note.  Luke graduated into being a naughty little boy...just like he should be!  I love the horse, but I didn't take into account how much freedom it would actually give Luke.  Until I found him wrapped up in toilet paper and wet from playing in the toilet.  Gag.  I'm SO glad it had been flushed.  But my skin still crawls thinking of my little cancer patient playing in the toilet!  Ugh...


So there you have it.  Our month by iPhone.  I love it. :)

No comments: