Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day...Finally!

Spending the two previous winters in the desert of Southern California meant that my kids always associated snow with Christmas in Utah.  They were so excited to move here in the winter and play in the snow!  Go figure, we go with absolutely NO snow all Christmas season!  So, when my girls woke up last Saturday, the 7th, and saw four inches of the fresh white snow on the ground, they were so excited!  They ran into our room and woke Danny and me up by yelling, "It snowed!  Santa's coming tonight!" :)

Once I explained that it was going to (hopefully) snow quite a few more times this winter, and that Christmas was over, they were ready to go out a build a snowman.  But we were totally unprepared for snow play!  A morning of shopping and $80 later, the three kids were outfitted for the winter.  Danny took the kids out to play in the snow, and they had the time of their lives!  And they made the three cutest snow bunnies ever...






This was Jack's first experience with snow as well, and he was having a ball!  I have to say, he looked rather handsome next to that pure white snow...


It took about a half hour until the kids figured out how fun it was to eat the snow.  I was surprised it took that long!  After I snapped these cute pics, we had a little discussion about what snow you could eat, and the yellow stuff you stay away from. :)



Remember when I said the kids were excited to build a snowman?  Well, because I had to go get all their clothes, they didn't get to get out in the snow until after lunch.  By that time, it had warmed up and the snow was too wet to make a decent snowman.  So instead, Danny helped them build a big mountain of snow.  Then it was only logical to make a tunnel!  


The kids had so much fun, and I think Danny quite enjoyed himself too!  Spending an hour and a half in the cold snow and fresh air was good for them all.  Everyone slept like babies that night...

No comments: