Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'd hate to forget...

It's crazy to think that I'm a mother to three small children!  For all of my growing-up years, I looked forward to this time in my life.  And here I am!  Not only am I here, but before I know it, this will all be behind me.  I won't get to have babies forever.  One day, they'll all be kids, and then teenagers, and then gone.  It breaks my heart to think of it, though I imagine it will be nice to have a clean house for longer than three minutes! :)

You think you'll never forget.  But I already know that you do.  There are so many things that I thought I would always remember, but those memories are getting fuzzy...if I can remember them at all!  And I never want to forget what Claire and Sophie looked like while they were playing "trains" as I mopped the kitchen floor.  Or how cute Claire looked in her game-day shirt and fuzzy pigtails.  Or how perfect Johnny looked, asleep in my arms.




I absolutely love my children.

3 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Oh such a sweet post...I know what you mean. During the moment you don't think you will EVER forget, but then trying to remember back when Taija was little I can hardly remember anything. Only the pics will remind me! Your kids are so cute...I can't wait to see them at Christmas! Hey...when are you guys planning on being in Utah? Are you coming the week before/after?

C, J, T, and M said...

so true! I keep telling myself I need to be a whole lot better and journaling for my children! and taking pictures. I suck at taking pictures...

Naomi and Family said...

True. True, true, true. Beautiful post!