Monday, May 28, 2018

To My Claire, On Your Birthday...


Happy Birthday, Claire Bear! You're 11 years old! And as you are always quick to remind me, that means you'll be going into Young Women's next year. And Girl's Camp. And going to the temple for the first time. Yikes...

But that's next year. I have a whole year before I have to write that letter!! So for now, let's just stay where we are and focus on the fact that you're eleven years old now. I can hardly believe it. You're the most beautiful, kindest, smartest, funniest, friendliest, all-of-the-"ists" eleven year old I know. It just keeps getting better every year!

This last year was a good school year for you again. You excelled in every subject again, and ended up doing SEM for language and math. You loved every minute of it, especially your time learning about Japanese culture. You were selected to represent Buffalo Point's fifth grade Spanish Immersion students at the language competition at Weber, and while the competition was obviously stacked in favor of the Hispanic kids and it was quite possibly the longest day of either of our lives...you and you two friends had the first honorable mention for your impromptu speaking skit. And in our opinion that put you basically in first place! ;) You made some great friends this year, and are still learning how to manage the interpersonal drama that comes with adolescent girls. :) You weren't a huge fan of your Spanish teacher, SeƱor Tapia, but you were patient and didn't let it ruin your year. I admire your ability to let things be. It's not a trait I have much of!

You have continued love reading, and have enjoyed reading many books this year. I can't even remember them all! But we've had a couple of occasions to go to Barnes and Noble, and I think you could live at the book store. :) I worried so much about your lack of desire to read a few years ago, but I can happily say I don't worry about that at all anymore! We've even been reading Harry Potter at the same time, and it's been fun to talk about the books. But your best reading buddy is still Sophie. The two of you devour series together and I can often hear you talking in your room after the light are turned out about your books. It reminds me of some of the best times I had with my sisters growing up.

Your love for the gospel continues to grow, and it makes your Dad and I so happy. You love Activity Days, and you can't wait to pass the rest of the requirements off now that you're eleven. You're already excited to start on your Personal Progress (I just wish you'd slow down a bit!!) You gave your first talk in Sacrament Meeting this year, and you did a fantastic job! Your talents for speaking and teaching in church and Family Home Evening have surely grown this year. A lot of that has to do with your growing understanding and testimony of the doctrines of the gospel. I love watching you build a foundation of faith.

You've conquered some difficult things this year, namely learning to ride your bike. You were under pressure to be able to ride before Bike Safety Week at school, and honestly we didn't really get you where you needed to be. That resulted in some tears and some real embarrassment that first day trying to ride in front of your friends and teachers. But you persevered, facing the embarrassment head on and then continuing to try until you managed to ride confidently. I couldn't have been more proud of you. I know a situation like that would have broken me into little pieces when I was your age! Just like every year, I continue to marvel at your confidence.

I think my favorite part of this last year is how much our relationship has grown. You are particularly sensitive to when I'm having a hard time, and you go out of your way to help me feel better. I love that you worry about me and want me to be happy. You enjoy sitting by me more than you used to, and have told me often that you wish we had more time together. We've had a few occasions to go shopping or run errands alone together and I cherish that time with you.

Well Claire, you are still every ounce of wonderful that you've always been. Your Dad and I couldn't be more proud of you!! And while I wish you'd stop growing up quite so fast, I'm every bit as excited as you are to see what this next year brings for you. I love you! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Love, 

Mom

1 comment:

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I was diagnosed with diabetes .It was at work and  feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +234 802  501 2866   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , TUMOR, HEART HEALTH, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2348025012866