Thursday, March 2, 2017

Mama's Birthday

Well, I turn 34 this year! It's crazy how I went from being 28 to being 34 without really realizing what was happening. I suppose I'll probably be saying the same thing at 47! 

So, Danny was asked to smoke the meat for our Relief Society Birthday activity, which was the evening of my birthday. He gladly accepted, and had planned on just taking the day off to spend with me and to smoke the meat. Well...what he didn't realize was that he was in a training all week that week that he couldn't get out of. So that left me to smoke the meat!! I was a little nervous, but it turned out awesome. Danny went with me to the activity, so that was nice. I got many phone calls, texts, and Facebook posts...and even a couple of visitors with cute deliveries! It was a good day.


But we really celebrated my birthday the next day, on Friday. That's when we got to do my birthday dinner! The boys and I went to Sweet Tooth Fairy first thing to pick out our cupcakes. Since I was making the cake for Isabelle's birthday celebration on Sunday, I decided against another cake. Believe it or not, I try not to be gluttonous. :)


For dinner we were finally, after YEARS of waiting for the right opportunity, trying Tyler's Ultimate Fried Chicken!! I can hardly describe how happy the sight of beautiful fresh herbs in a vat of oil looked, or how satisfying our double-dredged chicken legs were. It's the little things, people. :) Danny even busted out his special Beecher's cheese all the way from Seattle for my special dinner, and we had "Seattle Mac and Cheese" on the side. The chicken was delicious, though a little darker than we wanted. We haven't quite figured that part out yet. But it was a superb dinner for this birthday girl!




Then it was time for cupcakes. :) Danny and the kids gave me their gifts on the morning on my birthday, and I love them! A turn table for my cakes, as well as an offset spatula for frosting and a side-scraping-decorating thing. Also, Danny got me some weighted gloves for my workouts...I've been wanting those for years. And my Mom hit it out of the park this year by getting me an Instant Pot! Danny and I are both seriously excited to use that!




Oh, and photo cred to Johnny for this cute picture of Po Po and me. :) It was a great birthday this year, just like all the rest. I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life that love me, and I'm overwhelmed by the blessings the Lord has given me this last year. I look forward to the adventure ahead of me this next year!

No comments: