Monday, July 8, 2013

Grandma Candy's Mother's Day

We started Mother's Day weekend by inviting Grandma Candy on a date on Saturday.  Luke was in the hospital, and so I planned on taking the kids to do a little shopping.  We thought it would be fun to invite Grandma Candy along!  We had so much fun just hanging out with Grandma.  She's a pretty fun lady!

We had worked up quite the appetite with all our shopping, so we asked Grandma Candy where she wanted to go for lunch.  She decided on Mongolian BBQ!  Yummers!




We enjoyed the food immensely!  Then we gave Grandma Candy her present.  It's kind of a funny story, actually.  My sister Rachel had this thing for owls...way before they were super trendy.  Well, a few months back I was in Antropologie with Danny and saw the most gorgeous owl cookie jar.  I knew I wanted to get it for my Mom for Mother's Day, especially after she bought a nice new hutch for her kitchen.  Turns out, that gorgeous owl in Anthropologie fetched a gorgeous price of $120.00!  A little much for our budget, unfortunately. :)  So, I hopped on Amazon determined to find an owl cookie jar that would be perfect for my Mom.  I found one, and promptly ordered it.  When it came in the mail, I opened it to take a closer look only to notice the sticker across the top that said "Not safe for food storage".  Seriously?!  It's a cookie jar!  After debating about sending it back and continuing to shop, I realized that realistically it wasn't going to happen.  Not with Luke in the hospital still.  So, Grandma Candy got an awesome owl cookie jar that can't be used for cookies.  But will still look awesome on the hutch. :)


Happy Mother's Day, Grandma Candy!  We love you!

No comments: