Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day this year.  The day started out perfectly with Claire waking up, coming into our room, and coming straight over to me and saying, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!"  It wasn't long until Sophie did the same thing.  I think this is the first year the girls have understood what they were saying when they said that!  I loved it.

Then Danny and the kids left me to sleep in for a few more minutes, and they went and wrapped a gift they had gotten for me.  When they were finished, they brought it back into our room, and we started unwrapping...


A waffle iron!  Thanks, kids! :)


I love kitchen appliances, so I was excited about the waffle iron.  But I was even more excited about it once Danny started making my Mother's Day breakfast!  He got right to work, with the two cutest sous chefs ever...



 Johnny supervised. :)


Behold, the inaugural waffle!  But this isn't your Mama's waffle.  This is the Double Chocolate Waffle!


Yum!  I couldn't have been happier with my Mother's Day breakfast!  It was seriously delicious.  Double Chocolate Waffles with Berry Sauce and Sweetened Whip Cream!  It hardly constitutes breakfast.  And Danny, as always, did a superb job cooking.


It was nice to have Danny home on a Sunday morning, so we just enjoyed a leisurely few hours before it was time to get ready for church.  Claire was so excited to sing in Sacrament Meeting.  We had been singing "Mother, I Love You" every night before bed for the last few weeks so that she would be confident to sing both verses in front of the whole congregation.  And she was amazing!  It was such a special moment for me, and honestly, probably my favorite part of the day.  When she sang the line "Father in Heaven has sent me to you", I just lost it.  I can't believe I have a child that sings on Mother's Day.  And a stinkin' cute one at that.

Danny really outdid himself cooking this year.  For dinner we had Orange Thai Beef Skewers with Savory Coconut Rice and Watermelon.  It was outstanding!


And I was one happy Mama!


All in all, we knocked off another 2-3 recipes out of the Our Best Bites cookbook, and we're well on our way to completing the whole book.  Danny also completed with meal with a Frozen Berries with White Chocolate Cream dessert that was to die for.  And are you ready for this?  NOT OBB! ;)  Turns out there are other good recipes out there.  Go figure! :)


What a wonderful day!  I absolutely love being a Mom to these 3 rowdy kids.  I can't believe how much I've been blessed.


I've learned a lot about motherhood in the last year, and I'm learning more every day.  I'm so grateful for each of my children.  I'm grateful for Claire's friendship and the easy pace she takes in life.  I'm grateful for all of Sophie's energy and love for life, and for how easily she tells me she loves me.  And I'm so grateful for my Johnny, who can smile any fear or sadness right away.  They each teach me so much, and the Lord is using these sweet spirits to smooth out my rough edges.  I had no idea I was so rough. :)


I love you, Claire Bear!  I love you, Sosie-kins!  I love you, John-boy!

2 comments:

David and Camillia said...

So cute! It looks like you had a great mothers day. What a wonderful family. :)

Nicole said...

YOur blog is seriously the best out there. I love to read it. thanks for sharing your precious life with us. YOur kids are soo big and so stinkin cute. Glad life is finding you happy! :)